“Decent Italian Fare” 3 of 5 bubbles

Frank's Sunny Italy Family
Ranked #213 of 1,027 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Decent Italian Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Went with my family recently; had the pasta artichoke which was good... A little oily but still tasty. Family had some other food and thought it could have been better. I've been here a few times and have had enjoyable meals. HUGE portions and good price

Visited December 2013

Ticonderoga, New York, United States
“Delicious homemade food! Huge portions too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were in town for a conference in Buffalo, and we had been here before years ago and it was great. So we decided to go again and have dinner. The bread comes out hot and crusty, with a lovely soft chewy center. The salad was good, and the garlic bread and mozz sticks were good too. Then came the entrees, WOW. They were huge. I had the chicken cacciatore, my God it was great. A huge portion of boneless chicken breasts that were in chunks, with mushrooms, onions, and peppers in a luscious marinara sauce. With a side, that was entree sized, of pasta. My husband had pasta, and loved his. One of our boys had chicken tenders and fries and loved it. Once again huge! Our other had Chicken parm with spaghetti. We all loved it and brought at least half of our dinners home with us and had it for lunch the next day. We came back and had dinner the very next night because there were things on the menu that we wanted to try. Not disappointed again, it was so good!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Susan W
buffalo
“Italian restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

First of all both times that I ordered from this restaurant were to go orders.The first time my husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs which he like it. If u like your sauce sweet this is the place to go. Meatballs are huge and the portions in general are very generous. I ordered the calamari appetizer which i didn't like it because it was frozen and didn't have much flavor. Also ordered chicken marsala which the portion has huge but it wasn't what I was expected. Another time we ordered the pepperoni pizza and chicken wings which I can definetly recommend because the pizza is huge, wings are very tasty and the price is more realistic than their regular dishes which are expensive. Overall is a good place for Italian food but much better for pizza and wings. I ordered to go because I heard that you wait a lot for your food when you eat in the restaurant so I didn't want to take a chance. Before i forget they have an Awesome fried dough and the portion is huge and the prize is good.

• Visited August 2013
Hamburg, New York
“Large portions...average flavor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good value for the money however the food was somewhat bland...I had Fettuccini Alfredo and it just lacked flavor...however what it lacked it made up for in size. Way more than I could eat. Had two glasses of house wine which were also larger than normal; a very good value for less than $5 per glass. Will I go back? Perhaps...but I can check this off as being a good value but failed to "wow" us. The salad was good, simple and fresh iceberg lettuce, olive and onions. Waiter was very good. My partner chose a dish from a photo on their website, but the dish that arrived little resembled what we thought it would be. Maybe a slight misunderstanding? That too lacked some flavor. Note the sauce is sweeter than what we are accustomed to so if that isn't your preferred flavor you may not like the red sauce. I wanted to order Carbonara but upon asking was told it is made with ham not pancetta so I went for the Alfredo and pasta.

• Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Traveling and stopped in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Traveling and stopped in at the reccommendation of a tour guide at Niagra Falls. The food was good and so much I could not finish half the entree. Excellent suggestion as this was a family run restaurant. Salad was a little above average, bread was warm and tasty. Main course was Sausage that was very flavorful and a side of spaghetti. The meat sauce was better.

• Visited May 2013