“Italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

First of all both times that I ordered from this restaurant were to go orders.The first time my husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs which he like it. If u like your sauce sweet this is the place to go. Meatballs are huge and the portions in general are very generous. I ordered the calamari appetizer which i didn't like it because it was frozen and didn't have much flavor. Also ordered chicken marsala which the portion has huge but it wasn't what I was expected. Another time we ordered the pepperoni pizza and chicken wings which I can definetly recommend because the pizza is huge, wings are very tasty and the price is more realistic than their regular dishes which are expensive. Overall is a good place for Italian food but much better for pizza and wings. I ordered to go because I heard that you wait a lot for your food when you eat in the restaurant so I didn't want to take a chance. Before i forget they have an Awesome fried dough and the portion is huge and the prize is good.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good value for the money however the food was somewhat bland...I had Fettuccini Alfredo and it just lacked flavor...however what it lacked it made up for in size. Way more than I could eat. Had two glasses of house wine which were also larger than normal; a very good value for less than $5 per glass. Will I go back? Perhaps...but I can check this off as being a good value but failed to "wow" us. The salad was good, simple and fresh iceberg lettuce, olive and onions. Waiter was very good. My partner chose a dish from a photo on their website, but the dish that arrived little resembled what we thought it would be. Maybe a slight misunderstanding? That too lacked some flavor. Note the sauce is sweeter than what we are accustomed to so if that isn't your preferred flavor you may not like the red sauce. I wanted to order Carbonara but upon asking was told it is made with ham not pancetta so I went for the Alfredo and pasta.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Traveling and stopped in at the reccommendation of a tour guide at Niagra Falls. The food was good and so much I could not finish half the entree. Excellent suggestion as this was a family run restaurant. Salad was a little above average, bread was warm and tasty. Main course was Sausage that was very flavorful and a side of spaghetti. The meat sauce was better.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Been here numerous times and the food is always as good as the last time. The sauce is slightly on the sweeter side which appeals to my palette better and the bread and salads are great as well. Love this place!

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have eaten at Frank's several times in the past. The portions are very large, so big that we have shared a small antipasto and a plate of spagetti with meat sauce the last few times we have gone. We arrived for dinner last night about 7:30 and there were two waitresses on duty with perhaps 5-6 tables between them, so slow service should not have been an issue. After our bottle of wine was delivered, we sat and waited and waited. I had ordered a cup of soup, and neither the soup nor any bread were brought out. After about a 20-25 minute wait, our antipasto ariived, along with the bread. Why wasn't the bread out right off the bat? A few minutes later my soup arrived. To me, this should have preceeded the antipasto. When our spagetti finally came out, I quickly discovered that the sauce was almost devoid of meat. What the? In the past, the sauce has been a wall of hamburger covering the plate. This sauce was runny and the pieces of hamburger few and far between. I called our waitress over and pointed out my consternation at the lack of protein this sea of carbs. Her response, "We've been cutting back lately." My response, "Well then I guess we'll be cutting back on our visits." She took the plate to have the kitchen add some more sauce and upon returning, banged the plate down on the table with an obviously sour attitude. The rest of our interaction with her barely rose above chilly. And so Frank, this was my final visit to you establishment. At $10.50, I expect meat sauce to actually contain some meat and I expect a much higher level of service, both in terms of waiting time and in the attitude displayed by your wait staff.

2  Thank MyNameWasTaken