“Top 5 Buffalo restaurant”
Review of Rue Franklin

Rue Franklin
Reserve with OpenTable
Rue Franklin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Tupper
Buffalo, New York
“Top 5 Buffalo restaurant”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Last night was my third time visiting Rue Franklin and first on the patio. The back patio is gorgeous and very intimate, surrounded by beautiful gardens - it's small, but there is nothing quite like it anywhere else. On the two previous visits the food was impressive. This time I tried the prix fix menu for the first time, and the quality of food was also at the top level and delicious with perfect portion sizes. I have always been impressed with the wines by the glass selections, although they are not listed on the regular wine menu, so you have to ask the server for the choices.

The service is always excellent! The host even asked me if I preferred a black napkin instead of their white ones because I was wearing black. I was shocked, in a good way! I actually had an experience at another restaurant where the white napkin made a mess of my black dress and I had to go home and change afterwards, so this was a pleasant surprise and nice touch. Just one example of how this restaurant goes above others in terms of service and thoughtfulness.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kashka02

“Great restaurant”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We where looking for some great food and based on recommendation went to try rue Franklin
The food was great me and wife
Had the price fix menu and got an amazing salad and even more amazing fish.
My kids had the filet minion and loved it
The only minus was there is no
Kids menu.
I don't think it is a family place anyway .
But great food .

• Visited June 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Still one of the top restaurants in Buffalo”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We celebrated our wedding anniversary here recently after not having visited in many years. Although the ownership has transferred to its chef, the quality and service are still among the best in Western New York. One of the highlights the evening we visited was a smoked farro salad, which was unlike any salad I’ve ever had — one usually things of meats and fish vs. grains as being smoked. It was incredibly flavorful without being overwhelming smoky and seasoned delicately; just wish there had been more because I could have eaten an entrée-sized portion.
Our wait for our entrée was somewhat long; the maitre-d’ picked up on that and offered us a glass of wine while we waited, unexpected and unnecessary but appreciated. Our entrée and desserts didn’t disappoint; it was a great place to celebrate.

Toronto, Canada
“Pleasant space, excellent waiter, average food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had heard excellent reports about this restaurant from staff and co-guests at The Mansion on Delaware, so we were ready to be impressed -- more impressed than we ended up being. On the positive side, the space was very attractive and comfortable, with a lovely garden at the back of the restaurant (which is overlooked by one of the adjacent dining areas). Service was outstanding, with an efficient and witty waiter who was attentive without being obtrusive. But on the less positive side, the food was simply not as good as we had been expecting. It was really rather ho-hum -- good ingredients but not very imaginatively prepared or presented. It was sufficiently uninspiring that we ended up not bothering with dessert. Since obviously the food is the main reason for going to a restaurant in the first place, I have made the overall assessment "average," though in relation to service and atmosphere it deserves more.

1 Thank Travel1000Glen
Buffalo, NY
“For people who know good food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Every time we go to the Rue to celebrate a special occasion we ask ourselves, why we don't go more often. The prix fixe menu is an absolute bargain. I'd be hard pressed to come up with another Buffalo restaurant where you can enjoy an wonderful 3 course dinner in a quiet setting for $34.

2 Thank onesuitcase

Been to Rue Franklin? Share your experiences!