“Great restaurant”
Review of Rue Franklin

Rue Franklin
Reserve with OpenTable
Rue Franklin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 1,037 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Tupper
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We where looking for some great food and based on recommendation went to try rue Franklin
The food was great me and wife
Had the price fix menu and got an amazing salad and even more amazing fish.
My kids had the filet minion and loved it
The only minus was there is no
Kids menu.
I don't think it is a family place anyway .
But great food .

• Visited June 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Still one of the top restaurants in Buffalo”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We celebrated our wedding anniversary here recently after not having visited in many years. Although the ownership has transferred to its chef, the quality and service are still among the best in Western New York. One of the highlights the evening we visited was a smoked farro salad, which was unlike any salad I’ve ever had — one usually things of meats and fish vs. grains as being smoked. It was incredibly flavorful without being overwhelming smoky and seasoned delicately; just wish there had been more because I could have eaten an entrée-sized portion.
Our wait for our entrée was somewhat long; the maitre-d’ picked up on that and offered us a glass of wine while we waited, unexpected and unnecessary but appreciated. Our entrée and desserts didn’t disappoint; it was a great place to celebrate.

Toronto, Canada
“Pleasant space, excellent waiter, average food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had heard excellent reports about this restaurant from staff and co-guests at The Mansion on Delaware, so we were ready to be impressed -- more impressed than we ended up being. On the positive side, the space was very attractive and comfortable, with a lovely garden at the back of the restaurant (which is overlooked by one of the adjacent dining areas). Service was outstanding, with an efficient and witty waiter who was attentive without being obtrusive. But on the less positive side, the food was simply not as good as we had been expecting. It was really rather ho-hum -- good ingredients but not very imaginatively prepared or presented. It was sufficiently uninspiring that we ended up not bothering with dessert. Since obviously the food is the main reason for going to a restaurant in the first place, I have made the overall assessment "average," though in relation to service and atmosphere it deserves more.

1 Thank Travel1000Glen
Buffalo, NY
“For people who know good food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Every time we go to the Rue to celebrate a special occasion we ask ourselves, why we don't go more often. The prix fixe menu is an absolute bargain. I'd be hard pressed to come up with another Buffalo restaurant where you can enjoy an wonderful 3 course dinner in a quiet setting for $34.

2 Thank onesuitcase
Buffalo,NY
“So disappointed”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I went to Rue Franklin to celebrate our anniversary, as is our tradition. Although the maitre d' had no record of our confirmed reservations, we were seated within minutes. He later explained they had a power outage the previous night and that may have caused a problem with the computer. Our server was one of the most under-trained waitstaff I have ever encountered, even at local diners. When I asked her to tell me about the burgundy house wine, her response was "it's good." She could not give a good wine recommendation, nor did she know that goose liver pate was the same as foie gras. Our evening was off to a less than stellar start, which was disconcerting. The foie gras appetizer was the only star of the meal. The duck breast and bronzini entrees were fair. When I asked the server what cheeses were offered on the cheese plate that night, she said "I keep them written down" and then she blankly stared at me. I asked her to tell me what they were, and she had to leave the table to go find her list. We did not bother with coffee or dessert. Next year, we will be celebrating elsewhere.

1 Thank PJ73Buffalo_NY