“Great food, great service”
Review of Friar's Table - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Friar's Table
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had dinner last Saturday at Friar's Table. I had never been before and WOW it was great.

We arrived, with no reservation, the place was packed, we were told by the Hostess that she would do her best to get us seated. We went to the bar, where our Hostess kept us informed as to the status of a table, she was awesome.

Had the Land and Sea, what a great deal, steak ir prime rib and the best lobster dainties I have ever tasted. Our waiter was very well informed regarding choice suggestions from the menu.

Throughtout the eveing our waiter was always checking on us, the water glass was always filled and the Hostess stopped by to check on us,

Our evening was wonderful and will be returning soon with friends.
Keep the good food coming, thanks for a wonderful dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Friar's Table

Reviewed September 23, 2012

funny reading the other review and had almost the exact experience. Had 630 reservations, using one of the coupon promotions, we sat down and had a glass of over priced wine followed by crab cakes and salad. After the salad was finnished we waited and waited(45 min) until other tables around us that sat down after we did got their meals before we did. Finally we confronted the waiter and told him to check us out, he never returned. We but the coupon on the table and walked out. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Friar's Table serves up old world ambiance of Tudor timber, wrought iron, candlelight, and linen tablecloths. The recorded jazz is a bit incongruous with this, yet nice. Bread comes with apricot butter, and the salads featured colorful deep greens with crumbly blue cheese dressing. The menu seems somewhat pricey for the area, but summer specials were offered and the food was excellent.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday last night. The prices are VERY high and the food quality was not:( The steaks were all very fatty and owvercooked and my father did not eat his dinner and gave it to my brother who will eat anything. I have to say the service was excellent. We will not be going back.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a 6:30 pm reservation and didn't get our main entree until 7:55! The food was fresh and tasty but the service beyond horrible! By trade I am a drugs/addiction counselor in Erie County and I am very convinced that our waiter was so high on cocaine! He didn't know if he was comng or going. I noticed many tables that weren't served by him had far better service. At least their bread was served in a timely fashion not to mention their entrees!. My husband and I frequent many establishments in many cities and by far this is the worst service that I have endured. I will not be back nor would I recommend dining here. The food was good but the service just to poor to entertain the idea of coming back. Very, very, disappointed.