“A landmark”

Anderson's Frozen Custard
Ranked #3 of 21 Dessert in Buffalo
Good for: Families with children
Description: Anderson's was started in 1946 by Carl & Greta Anderson, the son and daughter of Swedish immigrants. The first store was opened Anderson's Frozen Custard on White Plain Blvd, Bronx, NY. Homesick for Buffalo, Carl & Greta returned to open another custard stand on Kenmore Ave, in 1947. Hard work and quality soon earned them a great reputation and allowed them to replace their small custard stand with a larger one on Sheridan Drive in 1953. Years later the tradition was passed on to another generation of Anderson's who keep the same dedication to quality and value as Carl and Greta while finding tasty new way to excite guests! Stop by one of our 7 WNY locations and enjoy and all natural Roast Beef on Weck with aujus and of course horseradish if you prefer! For dessert you will have a hard time choosing from one of the signature sundaes like a Chocolate Peanut Butter Passion or a good old fashioned and homemade ice cream cone or a signature Frozen Custard in Vanilla, Chocolate or the special of the day! You can also Shake up your day with a frozen custard shake or cool it with a Fruit Smoothie. Anderson's is proud to serve the guests near and far who visit each day! We are pleased to have become a part of your tradition here in Western New York. From lunch, dinner, dessert to catering, we invite you to visit & ...Taste the Tradition!
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped last night at the Anderson's on Sheridan. Haven't been in a few years, but like to stop when we are in the Buffalo area. The Beef on Weck is pretty good, ask for extra horseradish on the side. The best thing here is the frozen custard. It's hard to get true frozen custard these days, and Anderson's is the best there is! I had a strawberry/vanilla twist in a small cone. Heavenly.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Best frozen custard I've ever had, alongside the most delicious roast beef on salted kimmelweck I've ever had. Albeit the first time I ever had either of the two, but the smooth velvety frozen custard was better than gelato and I'm a fan of gelato! I'd love to make my way to an Anderson's if I ever had a layover in Buffalo for more than a few hours. The quality and taste are well worth time and travel; if you're an avid food lover.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Best custard in the U.S.!

Sheridan drive location is still fun to visit ever since childhood. Only place I must go to when in town.

1  Thank lsapope
Reviewed July 27, 2013

As former Buffalonian who grew up with Anderson's ice cream, lemon ice, beef on weck and beef BBQ it is always one of the highlights of our trip home to take our kids to Anderson's. The menu has grown but the old favorites are as delicious as I remember. My kids think the frozen custard is the best they have ever had (and they have had their fair share of soft serve ice cream) and I agree. The roast beef is juicy, tender and mouth watering good. I know they have other locations which we have not tried, but you will not be disappointed with the original location on Sheridan Drive.

1  Thank wjnj
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is great a real family joint. I had the roast beef on a weck and it was fantastic. Great service and just a cool place to grab lunch. I'll be back

Been to Anderson's Frozen Custard? Share your experiences!