“BURMESE THAI FOOD” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Buffalo, New York
“BURMESE THAI FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

I was taken to this restaurant in an area I would never think of going to. But when I walked in, I felt very comfortable. The menu was extensive with pretty much everything you can think of to eat. The food was excellent, and has become one of my favorite Thai restaurants to go to. Tom Yum soup is excellent, and so is their Thai Fried Rice. Can't gt enough of them!!! They have a pretty good selection of Thai beers too, and I'd be drinking them more often if I knew where else to get them. This is in my opinion one of if not the best Thai restaurant in Buffalo. They also have an extensive Black Rice menu, which I haven't seen at any other Thai restaurants. Very Authentic! They let you mix and match ingredients for pretty much all their entrees to your taste. At the top of my where to go list for Buffalo.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Surprizingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Never eaten Burmese food, so I cannot compare to others, but the dishes I ordered were all very well prepared and seasoned. Deep flavor and all had excellent texture and melded well. Probably the best restaurant food I have had this year. As a disclaimer, I do not go to restaurants frequently. I grow my own vegetables so I seldom eat at restaurants, because they cannot compete with what I can throw together in the kitchen.

Ordered fried tofu, which was not what I expected. It had almost a chick pea texture and color vs the normal white smooth tofu. It was a very pleasant change. Also the calamari was fried perfectly and paired nicely with the hot sauce side. Ordered the squash stew with chicken, and I would go back again every day for this dish. A deep and savory broth that had a flavor which nothing stood out but everything harmonized. Normally I can taste a dish and replicate it at home, but this stew was so completely whole I could not pick out the components in the broth.

My mother ordered a black rice roll with soft shell crab. Perfection. I normally do not eat sushi rolls since I am avoiding white rice and the nori (seaweed) they use in restaurants is usually poor quality unless one is paying a high price in a top end sushi restaurant. This roll had a soy based wrap with sesame incorporated into it and wonderful black rice. Again the textures and flavors melded perfectly, did not even need soy sauce. Almost made it worth flying to Buffalo.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hickory, North Carolina
“Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My family of four is visiting Buffalo from NC. We came across Sun's when our first choice, SuzyQ's, was closed. The black rice dishes were delicious! All of us enjoyed our meal and left very satisfied. The meal with one glass of wine and one dessert cost roughly $90. Our waiter was helpful, prompt and courteous. Recommend Sun's if you like asian cuisine!

East Amherst NY
“Very good tasting fod with good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our first ime at Sun restaurant so there are many dishes we did not taste and we ate only from the burmese menu.We loved the black rice the black rice salad and black rice curry.The service was very good .We will be back to try more and I can recomend this restaurant.I have to mention that the water is filtered and that is a miracle in buffalo restaurants.Even the expensive restaurants use tap water.I am amazed that most people are able to drink buffalo tap water and I assume that the pipes are rusted and that is must be a health problem..This only applies to the city of buffalo.Try this restaurant you will be pleasantly surprised

“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Great place! The foods were excellent. The services were great. Best Asian fusion food in town. I would definitely come back. I would recommend this place for travelers to this town.