“Thai Food Delight”

Dining options: Reservations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Thai Food Delight”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Eating a Sunday dinner at Sun Restaurant following a very good day of touring Buffalo was a great way to end the day (or begin the evening). The dining room was quiet enough to have a conversation without having to shout. As my TripAdvisor Research suggested, the Black Rice Salad was fantastic, we sampled several dishes, choosing to share each to extend our dining pleasure. The Golden Squid Rings were crisp and had a very clean flavor. The Thai Fried Rice with Chicken was mouth-watering bringing into the dish the overtone flavors of basil. Next time we travel through Buffalo, this will certainly be on the list for a dinner stop. Believe it or not, this was our second choice for dinner – too bad, we’ll have to spend several days in Buffalo to get to try our BBQ selection.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank T4TwoTravel

Buffalo, New York
“Awesome! Don't let the neighborhood fool you...”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My friends suggested Sun for a couples get together. When they said "Niagara street" I had my doubts. I'm hooked on Sun now! It is a cute and cozy interior and their staff and menu are outstanding. I enjoyed the black rice sushi so much that I can't wait to go back or order takeout just to get more. If you give it a chance, you will love it.

niagara
“unique flavors, and much is gluten free”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been to Sun five times in the last 6 months, far more than any other restaurant, because the flavor of their food is so unique and so good. I do not know if it is their Burmese influence, but even their Thai food tastes better than I have had elsewhere. My favorite dishes are their Catfish Chowder (Burmese) which has such a depth of complex flavor in their broth, and their Penang Curry (Thai) which again has more flavor than in the ten or more Thai restaurants I have had it. For those of us who need to eat gluten free, their menu is very clearly noted, and the wait staff and cooks are very clear on the ingredients. The wait staff is always friendly, helpful and attentive. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Buffalo, New York
“excellent choice on Westside of Buffalo”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nicely renovated restaurant operated by hardworking Kevin and family. Interesting Burma and Asian dishes not common on area menus. Black rice bar and other menu items are unique. Bird's nest soup? Green curries? Thai pappaya salad? Servers are quick to help...menu identifies most popular items to assist novices. Lots of healthy selections...not your greasy cheap Chinese food. Parking in adjacent lot. Moderate prices...not cheap Chinese food but good value for quality served.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank bflobear11
Westfield, New York
“My Oh My Oh My!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I love food! I love excellent food! I love Thai and Burmese food! I adore excellent and authentic Thai and Burmese food! I LOVE SUN RESTAURANT!!!!

I had read many reviews on this restaurant and finally made up my mind to go! It has so many good reviews I just did not think it could be as good as the reviews!......wait for it......WRONG!!!!! This restaurant fixes original, authentic and amazing Thai and Burmese dishes! They arrive at your table piping hot and scrumptious. I have been back already despite the fact I was nowhere near them. I just had a hankering for their divine food and drove an hour and a half to get it. It was well worth the trip.

If you go, start off with their black rice salad! DELICIOUS! They are experts on the usage of black rice and this salad is a great way to be introduced to it. For a fabulous soup, try Pumpkin Stew (Shwe Payon Thi Hin). Killer good! For entrees try Soft Shell Crab Seafood Melody fabulous) or Seafood in Clay Pot (from their fusion menu) DELICIOUS! In short, all I have had there so far is head and shoulders above the majority of Thai restaurants.

One special note, if you can get Aie ( pronounce "A" ) as you server, grab her. She is so helpful and friendly and attentive. Just the best.

HAVE FUN!!!!