“excellent choice on Westside of Buffalo”
Review of Sun Restaurant

Sun Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,101 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nicely renovated restaurant operated by hardworking Kevin and family. Interesting Burma and Asian dishes not common on area menus. Black rice bar and other menu items are unique. Bird's nest soup? Green curries? Thai pappaya salad? Servers are quick to help...menu identifies most popular items to assist novices. Lots of healthy selections...not your greasy cheap Chinese food. Parking in adjacent lot. Moderate prices...not cheap Chinese food but good value for quality served.

1  Thank bflobear11

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I love food! I love excellent food! I love Thai and Burmese food! I adore excellent and authentic Thai and Burmese food! I LOVE SUN RESTAURANT!!!!

I had read many reviews on this restaurant and finally made up my mind to go! It has so many good reviews I just did not think it could be as good as the reviews!......wait for it......WRONG!!!!! This restaurant fixes original, authentic and amazing Thai and Burmese dishes! They arrive at your table piping hot and scrumptious. I have been back already despite the fact I was nowhere near them. I just had a hankering for their divine food and drove an hour and a half to get it. It was well worth the trip.

If you go, start off with their black rice salad! DELICIOUS! They are experts on the usage of black rice and this salad is a great way to be introduced to it. For a fabulous soup, try Pumpkin Stew (Shwe Payon Thi Hin). Killer good! For entrees try Soft Shell Crab Seafood Melody fabulous) or Seafood in Clay Pot (from their fusion menu) DELICIOUS! In short, all I have had there so far is head and shoulders above the majority of Thai restaurants.

One special note, if you can get Aie ( pronounce "A" ) as you server, grab her. She is so helpful and friendly and attentive. Just the best.

HAVE FUN!!!!

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice variety of food, I loved the fried crab outstanding. I went during restaurant week. It was a good choice. I loved the black rice salad I never heard of it before so I figured I give it a try, I was very please. I love the fact that at this Asian restaurant it gives you something different to eat as Americans we are stuck in a time zone when it comes to food. Go explore this restaurant and you will love it. FYI try the Thai iced tea very different from what were use to!

1  Thank Mercedes W
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Had a great lunch at this out of the way spot. The good was excellent and our waitress was do helpful. She helped me choose the perfect dish. Everything is very reasonably prices. Can't wait to go back !

Reviewed February 23, 2014

So enjoyed our dinner last night at Sun Restaurant.
Busy Saturday night with Excellent Service, superb choices and delicious .
We had not been in a while and so glad to return and with so many choices.
Vegetarian, fish, vegan, glutton free , as well as, beef, chicken, etc. Everyone happy and do love the extended Black Rice selection.
Thank you Stephanie and Kevin for bringing your restaurant to Buffalo.