“Best Asian Food in Buf!”
Review of Sun Restaurant

Sun Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Whether you like Thai, Vietnamese or Chinese, you'll love this restaurant. The food is of very high quality and the black rice menu is amazing. I've dined here four times in the last month and will continue to make this my preferred restaurant. Great for vegetarians but also has a really nice selection of meat dishes. The fish is excellent! You've got to try it!!

There are newer reviews for Sun Restaurant

Reviewed March 20, 2013

In a run-down, industrial neighborhood on the west side of Buffalo, you will find a gem. What started out as an ethnic store has grown into a thriving restaurant -- but what a restaurant it is! There are not superlatives to describe it. Calm, serene, classy, spotlessly clean, cozy. The staff are attentive, aware, engaging, friendly, helpful, The food -- oh,the food!! I have never eaten Burmese food, but coming from the same area of the world as my favorites -- Thai, Vietnamese and Indian -- I figured I would like it, so, always up for an eating adventure I tried it. It's now my favorite restaurant in Buffalo. Judging by the crowds, its true for others as well.

Its sometimes tough being a vegetarian. I've eaten in restaurants where I'm limited to an iceburg lettuce salad. So you can imagine my delight at the wide selection of veggie entrees provided by Sun. Like spice? They have it. Rather have subtle seasonings? No problem. From talking with other diners I understand the fish dishes are to die for. The food is cooked to perfection and is the healthiest eating you'll find in Buffalo. Be sure to try the black rice. Reservations are not needed, but the place is small and always busy. Did I mention that its not expensive? Dinner here won't "break the bank" so you needn't limit yourself to just special occasions.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Really excellent. Three of us had several soups, appetizers, entrees, and dessert. All were wonderful. Luckily we had made reservations as the place was packed on a Wednesday in March!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a Burmese restaurant that also serves Vietnamese and Thai dishes. It is hard to know what to rave about first. The physical setting is lovely - especially because it is so unexpected in that locale. The staff is welcoming and the owners absolutely special lovely people - the kind of newcomers that make this country great.
I Love the whole fish. It is dipped in some kind of batter and deep fried so quickly that the fish is delicious, flaky, moist and not at all greasy. The eggplant dishes are the best I've ever had and the black rice specials are - well - special. Be sure to try the black rice dessert.
They now have a liquor license and we enjoyed the wine.
This restaurant makes me think of the old potato chip commercial - the one that goes I bet you can't eat one. Anyone whose eaten at the Sun will easily bet that you can't eat there once. There 's no way you won't be back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

When was the last time you had Burmese food...like never? Well this is the place for you..it is the real deal. Immaculate surroundings, delightful wait staff and a cuisine that is sure to please if you are into the exotic and like your curry hot. I suppose they can scale the fire back..but that would be like having sex with your cloths on, wouldn't it? I went there with my colleague Bill, who eats there practically every day (by the way he is a serious health nut with like zero body fat and truly treats his body like a temple) and I was knocked out. Go for the soft crabs when they are in season (like now They do Thai as well. I have told all my freinds about this place and posted it on facebook. Cannot wait to go back.