Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Absolutely gorgeous! My stay was amazing and will definetly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area! Staff was very helpful, great food, and convenient location. The boutiques located in the hotel were great for picking up something as a gift or if you need something on the go. One of the best trips I have experienced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Audrey M
Robert S, General Manager at Hotel at the Lafayette a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here as much as we enjoyed having you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My first time to Buffalo will definitely not be my last due to this magnificent hotel! Great restaurants, helpful staff, clean rooms, and just a wonderful overall experience. Loved the location. There is also a wonderful flower/gift shop right in the hotel. I basically never had to leave the grounds! I 100% recommend to families, singles, and pretty much anyone that appreciates great service and atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Stefanielubaker

It is always a joy to hear that our team provided excellent service. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to have you stay again soon so we can provide you with the same extraordinary service!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our whole family stayed over the weekend for a family wedding and we all commented on how we felt as though we had gone to a resort, yet we could all be home in less than a half hour! The rooms are beautiful - the bridal suite had an amazing view and felt like an apartment. Some of us had handicapped rooms, some suites with kitchens some without - yet they were all a little different. Some of the rooms felt a little more finished than the others; finished rooms had books to page through, two flat screen tvs, decorated shades and throw pillows. Not all of them; one of the rooms had curtains on only one window as if it wasn't done yet and just a mantel and hole for the fireplace. Check out the room and make a change if you aren't happy - they are all different.

3  Thank glassgardener
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Recently, my wife and I spent the night at the Lafayette. We took advantage of a Sunday night package, which included a $50.00 food voucher and a room for the night. Overnight valet parking was an additional $20.00. Your vehicle is parked one block from the hotel in an unattended parking garage.
My first impression was all the activity in the lobby area, bridal shows and people milling about. I thought the check in desk could have been more obvious. We checked in no problem, taking the elevator to the second floor. I was disappointed by the drab color in the hallway although the original doors were done very nice. I thought the room was beautiful, great flat screen television. The bathroom was very well done, large space, very modern. Initially I loved the feather bed, but after one night, that was all I could handle. I would have preferred a harder mattress.
We checked out the hotel, stopping in the Butterwood Restaurant. The restaurant was very bright, the bar had a few Bills fans enjoying the game. We purchased two desserts, they were delicious.
Eventually we went to the Pan American restaurant for dinner. The meal was very good, the service was great. There was a nice crowd at the bar, looks like a good spot to watch a game and have a few beers.
Overall Mr. Termini is to be applauded, he took a building in very rough shape and revamped the entire building. I do have one suggestion, I believe an off duty, uniformed police officer in the lobby area and checking the detached parking area would go a long way to ensuring the local criminal element is not allowed in or near the hotel. We all know, one bad incident could be disastrous. I am a huge downtown Buffalo supporter and believe the hotel is a huge step forward for that section of downtown. Continue the good work!

3  Thank tvee508
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pros:
My husband and I stayed here for a friend's wedding. I stayed in a suite the first night with the bride and a regular room the second night. Both were nice, but to my surprise the regular room was AMAZING! I am not sure if they have not finished decorating the all of the suites/rooms? The decor, sitting area, fire place, flat screen tvs, bedroom, and bathroom were top notch. I have stayed at some nice hotels, including the W Hotel, and I thought the room at the Hotel Lafayette ranked just as high if not higher. After our stay here a couple of months ago, we decided to go back for our anniversary. I definitely recommend hitting up the downstairs bar too! A great overall ambiance. Two thumbs up!

Con:
One thing I would like to mention is that the night I stayed in the suite I realized the room was on the street side and it was quite loud (you could hear people yelling on the streets). The second night the regular room was on the interior and there was no noise. Maybe the hotel should look into getting some sound proof windows where necessary?

Room Tip: I would opt for a room without a kitchen (suite). I thought the decor in the other rooms were much...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jodibeth11
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have done a great job in restoring one of Buffalo's beautiful old buildings! The art deco/aviation/French influences in decorating are surpringly seamless and well done.beautiful foyer. Multiple choices for food within hotel.(Continental brkfst is lacking in quality and very average :(, go elsewhere for a good brkfst) Parking close. We were upsized to larger room which was very clean and well decorated. Needs a very few tweaks: pen and paper, recycling receptacles, small fridge, a larger trash can. But really a lovely room and a great weekend all around.

1  Thank CBurkeToronto
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in one of the suites for our anniversary. Everything was perfect. The room was size able with full size kitchen appliances. The hotel staff were very accommodating and the ambiance was wonderful. My only suggestion: Add a desk to the suite...it was kind of hard to find a spot to sit and work while using my laptop.

• Stayed: October 2012