Review Highlights
A must-see

The park and exhibits are excellent. Being from Waterloo, Iowa, the USS The Sullivans had extra... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
629JamesO
Le Claire, Iowa
Great venue

Was on a military reunion- thought this was a great place to go. Volunteer tour guides were... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
HenricHerman
Chesterfield, Michigan

Recommended experiences in and around Buffalo
from $130.95
from $12.83
from $60.00
1,000 results
All reviews world war ii erie county gift shop destroyer submarine ships cruisers museum history helicopter soldiers plaques
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

It is awesome, but what made it so good was our tour guide from the double decker bus tour. You can walk and look at how awesome the ships and planes are but when you have a guide that is so knowledgeable about everything there it’s just better. Really enjoyed it

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019

I've driven by this naval park for years but it has always been while heading to/from somewhere. This time I planned a specific outing to visit the park.

The ships are interesting, especially the guided missile cruiser as it was the first time I had been on one, but overall the feeling is of a facility slipping into disrepair. I suspect funding is a challenge, and I empathize, but it was a surprise as I've visited other US military museums on both coasts and none left me with that impression.

Worth visiting once, just don't set your expectations to high.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Navy is well represented. Yes a few USAF plans as well.
Take a nice walk and just enjoy the sun. There were vendors selling food when we were there but I don’t think that is normal.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank E828NAdaniels
Reviewed July 2, 2019

My home away from home. I love my military family, even if I never see any of you again! This place will always feel like home for me. Great place for families and learning about Buffalo's Naval history.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Displayfaith
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

We visited with 3 children ranging in age from 9-14. They all enjoyed seeing how men and women in the Navy lived on those ships/submarines for months at a time. The gentleman who gave us our directions when we walked onto the first ship (follow the yellow strips and arrows) was so nice and had a great sense of humor. It was a nice "welcome" to the start of our tour. There were some steep stairs and tight spots that some people may have trouble with. There was a lot of history aboard the ships about different wars.

Date of experience: June 2019