“A moment in Time”

Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park
Ranked #3 of 159 things to do in Buffalo
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Naval Park itself was beyond mind boggling! Ships and other boats an vehicles are well cared for, and LOVED the Sub! The Cadets were welcoming and friendly and folks around us had a really good time. The only Hiccup that stops me from giving it an EXCELLENT Review is the treatment we received when we went into buy our tickets (with our Registered Service Dog in Vest). The woman went after me, and was on the attack about him being there and on the ship. Told us I was not allowed to take him onboard. She was in violation of the ADA at that Moment and I reminded her. She was not nice or apologetic and frightened my Son, but backed down. I alerted the Captain on Duty who was very understanding and even after our visit & Tour hunted us down and apologized again, sharing that we were welcome anytime. There are parts of the ship we could not take the dog into and I would not recommend trying to as it would put the animal is a predicament if they could not get back out. I honored their wishes and stayed out of those places and respected the rules...They are good rules and not at all too strict. But folks in general need to understand that Service Dogs go where their masters go and if registered, by law have the right to do so. In the end I would tell you we'd go back again for another visit. Rich with History, and sincerely we felt the spirits of all who served aboard those ships with us.

3  Thank Theresa G
There are newer reviews for Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park

Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you've never spent time on a US Navy ship, (or even if you have), the Naval park in Buffalo is a wonderful place to visit. Located right downtown along the waterfront, this attraction offers three very different classes of Navy ships among the displays; a cruiser, a destroyer, and a submarine. It is a wonderful, static display of these historic vessels, which are open to the public for a very reasonable fee ($10.00). The tours allow you to view almost everything, and the guides are there to answer your questions. Make sure to leave enough time (several hours) to see it all.

1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife 6,8,19 yr olds and myself went to the park today and all thought everything was really cool. Fun for all ages and educational at the same time! Would definitely recommend checking this place out.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A very good collection of modern fighting ships on the lake. Also museum with all types of military hardware.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a fantastic place to visit. Make sure you allot about 3-4 hours when visiting, because it is very informative and entertaining. Going through the ships and sub was fantastic. Tall people should be careful in the sub. The doors are really small.

2  Thank FirstCruiseToRoatan