“True History”

Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park
Ranked #3 of 163 things to do in Buffalo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Buffalo Naval Park contains several interesting ships. The yellow strips make it almost impossible to miss anything. The Museum has a lot of interesting information about the War of 1812 (entirely new to me). The Little Rock was a highlight for me - seeing the missile silos and understanding how this ship could and was used was memorable. The Croaker was so cramped - great to experience. Ironically I expected a true dud and was really greatly surprised.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visit this Naval Park every time I visit my family that lives in Buffalo. Nice small park with a lot of Naval History. Being retired from the Navy, I remember when I was stationed onboard the USS Seattle (AOE-3), I ran refueling rigs to the USS Little Rock back in the early 1970's. The USS Little Rock is moored in this Naval Park. Support The Troops.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I found out about this attraction on Groupon - which was great. I signed up to get the deals fro Buffalo in preparation for our trip. It was a super cool historical park and we loved being able to tour the 2 destroyers (USS SUllivans, USS Little Rock) and a submarine (USS Croaker). However, it is definitely not for those who may be closter phobic, have trouble up and down stairs or a bad back.

I am a history buff and this was right up my alley. Definitely plan for at least 2 to 3 hours to really appreciate all that is offered.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great place to learn military history. It was interesting to all ages, and the tour of the naval ships was unique and awesome.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was well worth the time to view these 2 battleships and submarine. There was a lot of history to be learned and nice to see the inside as some one in Norfolk, Va that you could only go on deck. Nice way to spend Memorial Day.