“Gorgeous flowers and helpful staff”

Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
Ranked #17 of 159 things to do in Buffalo
More attraction details
Owner description: An oasis of breathtaking beauty, these gardens - filled with flowers, plants, herbs and cacti from around the world - are housed inside an 1890s Victorian glass-domed greenhouse. The site, designed by New York Central Park creator Frederick Law Olmstead, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have been here 2 times with work...I work with individuals with disabilities and each time they were more than accomodating. We made a project both times and the staff that helped were so sweet and so understanding and patient. The gardens are so pretty to view outside and the greenhouses inside were fun to look at too. The variety of flowers/plants/etc.... are amazing to see and explore!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I went here with family, and we all loved it. We came when the corpse flower was blooming (just at the tail end of it--not much stink), and that was the only reason I had qualms with it. It was a big attraction, so I get that the line was long, but it would've been great if the line could've gone the opposite way that it did--it went through a room with a bunch of cacti and a room with jungle plants, which, coupled with the already hot day, did not fare well with the older people in my group. Beautiful otherwise, though, and very well-organized. If you're visiting now when there isn't a giant flower in bloom, it should be a very nice visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very we'll put together, and a wide array of plants. There corpse flower recently bloomed, and was an amazing flower to see in person. The architecture of the building, and the contents within make this a must see.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Beautiful central palm room, amusing topiaries, etc. Building is in disrepair, though, and they need some donations. Outside, there is a nice perennial garden. Don't miss the huge basilica across the way, either. Amazing building (Our Lady of Victory)

1  Thank Elyse H
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I never imagined my kids having a great time here, but the absolutely loved the displays of all of the plants and flowers. Reasonable entry fee and well worth the time.