“So much fun”
Review of The Buffalo Zoo

The Buffalo Zoo
Ranked #11 of 152 things to do in Buffalo
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1875, the Buffalo Zoo is the third oldest zoo in the United States. Each year, the Zoo welcomes approximately 400,000 visitors and is the second largest tourist attraction in Western New York, second only to Niagara Falls.Located on 23.5 acres of Buffalo’s beautiful Delaware Park, the Zoo exhibits a diverse collection of wild and exotic animals and more than 320 different species of plants. Open year-round, the Zoo is a constant source of conservation, education and recreation for Western New York.
Arcade, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Took my little great nephew to the zoo today. We had a great time. Our only disappointment was the elephant was hard to see in the elephant house. The zoo aides were helpful and informative. They got down to my nephews level when they spoke to him. It is a small zoo but always a fun adventure.

Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice little zoo needs some help in getting fixed up.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to visit my friend living in Grand Island and she thought a visit to the Buffalo Zoo would be a lot of fun. My friend apologized to me and said she was disappointed. I told her that it was a small zoo that needs money big time to get fixed up. I did enjoy the few animals that I saw even though the zoo itself seemed bleak. But then again we are originally from Chicago where we have the Lincoln Park and Brookfield Zoos that are spectacular. The cost for entrance to the zoo is not that expensive at all and it was a nice day to wander around with a friend. Just wish there were more animals to see. I would have been happy to have bought a Buffalo Zoo T-shirt if I saw one to purchase!

Visited July 2013
Alfred Station, New York
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Very nice zoo”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Lots of exhibits. The Rain forest exhibit is spot on and extremely accurate. My favorite spot in the whole Zoo. Lastly, as of June of 2014, there was a lot of construction underway. Some new exhibits are being built and some of the older ones being renovated. We suggest to bring your own picnic lunch. Food is very expensive.

1 Thank schees1
Rochester, NY
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“It was okay...”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wasn't the cleanest. It seemed like several exhibits were closed or in disrepair. When you go to the zoo, you expect to see animals. Kids rides were pricey for what they were. I don't really feel like we saw too many animals, except for a peacock that was on the loose.

Visited July 2013
Louisiana
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Ok as far as it goes”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This little jewel would be much better if they would fix the landscaping. Too little attention to weeds and grass.
They tout two polar bear cubs, right if you call a 200 lb. bear a cub.
They did have a baby gorilla who was adorable! Many exhibits where empty and signs often did not jibe with the animals in the enclosers

mpowerszoo, Manager at The Buffalo Zoo, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thanks for your thoughts. Sometimes the need of the animal trumps everything and one result of that is an impromptu move to a different space. We are working on improving that to help the visitor experience. Thanks again for your review and your support.

Michael Powers
Marketing Manager

Been to The Buffalo Zoo? Share your experiences!