“Excellant venue; horrible parking” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kleinhans Music Hall

Kleinhans Music Hall
Ranked #1 of 21 Concerts & Shows in Buffalo
More attraction details
Owner description: A National Historic Landmark designed by Eliel and Eero Saarinen, the hall was constructed in 1940 as the permanent home of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. Since then, it has also become home to Just Buffalo Literary Center's Babel Series and the Buffalo Chamber Music Society's performances. It is frequently used for weddings, corporate meetings, and performances by local organizations. Each spring, more than 10,000 people receive their high school or college diplomas on the Kleinhans stage.
Rochester, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellant venue; horrible parking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I have visited Buffalo and Kleinhans several times; its a wonderful venue for the Buffalo Philharmonic....great acoustics, comfortable seating, and a world class philharmonic. What more could you ask for? Better parking!! We arrived 35 min before the concert started and traffic was already backed up for blocks in either direction. By the time we reached one of 2 lots, we were informed the lots were full and we had to try elsewhere. ???? Like where???? I understand the location of the Hall makes acquiring more parking space difficult, and I understand most philharmonics have budget and money problems these days, but if they don't find a way to address this horrible parking situation, they'll have even less attendance, thus less income. In the future, we will be sure to be VERY early for performances to insure getting into one of the lots.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank P A

Cheektowaga, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exquisite Talent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

How could you not find something to attend - there is music for everyone each and every year. I make it a point (even on a budget ) to include the BPO on my Must list!!

Visited February 2013
Tonawanda, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rachmaninoff played here several times-loved the acustics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Indescribable sound when the BPO plays here. I ought to know I have had season tickets for years. It is unique in that it is wood paneled and you can literally hear a pin drop on stage from the balcony.

Visited April 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Not bad for buffalo ny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I had got free ticket from a friend to see the presidents band very good show nice historic music fun

Visited August 2012
Buffalo, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful acoustics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My high school graduation and many other memorable events were hosted by Kleinhans. Most recently I visited with my daughter's 2nd grade class for an afternoon of Dr. Seuss and orchestra. Loved it. Lobby is a bit too dim, otherwise fantastic.

Visited October 2012