“Really fumbled as an NCAA Tournament Site in 2014”
Review of KeyBank Center

KeyBank Center
Ranked #8 of 159 things to do in Buffalo
Reviewed March 24, 2014

In general the city of Buffalo was again a great host for the NCAA Tournament. I had been to the venue last in 2004 for the NCAA's when it was still the HSBC Center.

They had plenty of personnel outside the arena this past weekend directing people to multiple entrances if they already had their tickets and sitting 6 rows off the court the seats were perfect.

I arrived 20 minutes before the first game of the evening doubleheader. They had already hosted a daytime doubleheader. I mentioned to an usher 12 feet from the Men's Room that it really needed serious attention. It didn't seem like it had been cleaned at all after the first two games.

Urine on the floor, trash overflowing, toilets clogged. A mess. The next time I went in was over 2 1/2 hrs later after the first game had ended in overtime.

Nothing had changed except the conditions were much worse. The games were great but whoever is managing that facility really did a poor job. I was surprised.

2  Thank Globewalker73
There are newer reviews for KeyBank Center

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We've been here many times for the Buffalo Sabres and Bandits lacrosse games and loads of concerts. There really are no bad seats in this newer style arena. Food could stand to be upgraded but there are many good places to eat in the area before you enter the building. Atmosphere is always electric during the games and the crowd really gets into it. Acoustics for the concerts are quite good. We saw Pink Floyd's "The Wall" last summer and it was awesome !

1  Thank BuffaloGryde
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Watched Sabres play Chicago. All seats in this arena are good. We sat in section 306, so cheap seats, but centre ice. Perfect view of entire ice surface.
No complaints about the arena set up. Enjoyed the game!!
The food vendors however need major improvements. We ordered hotdogs expecting something like you would get a ballpark or street vendor. What we got were tiny, tasteless, boiled up wieners- one of the kids with us exclaimed, "this isn't going to cut it, I'll need pizza too". My husband and I both threw away our draft beer after a sip, it was undrinkable swill. The popcorn was like cold styrofoam. The fries we ordered were the only thing that tasted decent.
Overall a very fun night- just eat before you go and get your beer in a can.

2  Thank ShanBarra
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I went their for the 1st time to see the transiberian Orchastra. I was very impressed with the quality of the surrounding, Our seats were excellent and we had a great time. my only Complaint is they close the bars much much Too early

3  Thank Barrelman2012
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a good time at a Boston at Buffalo game. Took a cab and walked back to our hotel afterward. Parking and traffic looked a bit brutal even by Toronto standards. Rowdy crowd afterwards. Staff at arena were very pleasant. Everything convenient otherwise.

1  Thank Lauren M

Been to KeyBank Center? Share your experiences!