“Enjoyed the collection!”

Albright-Knox Art Gallery
Ranked #6 of 159 things to do in Buffalo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Albright-Knox Art Gallery is a vibrant museum in the heart of Buffalo’s cultural district actively collecting and exhibiting art since 1862. Experience something new every time.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice variety - Gaugin, Picasso, Renoir, Warhol. The photography exhibit was amazing! We only had 1.5hrs for our visit, could've used 2hrs.

1  Thank DRCGSK

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I get back to the Albright Knox every couple years. Enough change to make it a great visit each time. Lots of modern, some mind-bending peices. I can still stand in front of the huge Jackson Pollock and not get it at all. Always interesting!

The museum is housed in a nifty building which was built for the Pan-American Exposition, a huge World's Fair in 1901, when Buffalo was a huge, rich, happening city. Only bits of the fair remain; this area was a copy of ancient Roman marble architcture and is pretty cool to see.

There is lots of history to see in Buffalo. Get a Beef on Weck. Everyone has good chicken wings.

1  Thank RM234
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Since I'm from the area, I enjoy a yearly trip to the Albright-Knox. The collections are lovely and interesting. Afterwards, head down the Elmwood Strip to Pano's for dinner. Makes for a great afternoon!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Visited on Friday, February 1 st and the experience was simply lovely. First Fridays are free in this wonderful gallery. the setting is second to none in Buffalo, close to a beautiful park. The collection is rich and the size of the collection is not large. Bob, the guide, made the visit very interesting as his knowledge was exceptional. There is a free tour at 1330 hrs and we enjoyed the interactive way Bob involved the guests. If you are interested in art, this venue is a gem. Not to be missed.

3  Thank FriendlyTripper
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I guess I didn't read up enough on what kind of art was at the Albright. It was a very nice museum, the staff was nice, I just wasn't expected so much art I did not understand and just was just wondering what each piece meant the whole time. I hope to go on a tour next time I go back. First Fridays are free!

1  Thank EllenJoan2222

Been to Albright-Knox Art Gallery? Share your experiences!