“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want good oriental food. PF Chang's is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to
for Chinese food. One dish that is absolutely delicious is candied shrimp, walnut and melon.
It is to die for. No matter what you order it is out of this world. The food is so good, staff is
excellent. They are so helpful, kind, polite and very personable. The first place I had been at one
was Phenix Arizona. It was also a very excellent restaurant there. The food is excellent, staff
are very friendly, helpful, and would you what was a good choice to order. I would highly recomand any PF Chang restaurants. Enjoy.
Lynda

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We're from Toronto and like to visit Buffalo from time to time and were pleased to find a P.F. Chang's at the Walden Galleria mall. The last time we were at the mall we couldn't get in because there was a long wait list. This time we went for dinner early and had no problem getting seated. We ordered the four course meal and enjoyed most of it. The crap appetizer didn't contain much crab and was rather bland and the hot and sour soup was neither spicey hot or sour...but the main course selectiions were tasty. The eggs rolls that we ordered were quite good and quite light and flaky. Overall it was a good experience but there is definitely room for some improvement!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Tried PF Changs in Galleria tonight, Menu looked great, lots of options that sounded delicious and many vegetarian options as well. I love almost all Asian food, not normally someone who eats at chain restaurants but have enjoyed food and the Cheesecake Factory previously so I was willing to give it a try based on good reviews.

Had to sit at the bar as the wait was over an hour for a table, looked up and directly above my head was a shelf full of bottles, covered in a thick layer of dust. Looking beyond that we placed our order.

Steamed shrimp dumplings were okay, a little too doughy for my tastes and perhaps overpriced at 7 bucks for six small dumplings I have had better in many small hole in the wall Asian restaurants here in Toronto. Tried the vegetarian lettuce wrap, Kung Pao shrimp, Thai salad and three small sides of asparagus, green beans and Brussel sprouts.

Where do I begin. On the positive, the portions were a good size other than the dumplings. The first taste of the lettuce wraps seemed decent, however, after eating just one, the amount of garlic and salt was overwhelming, so much so, we could not finish it even though we were famished. Next came the thai salad, this salad was tasty, fresh and a good size portion and a welcome break from the rest of the meal. The shrimp and sides arrived. Again, the amount of garlic, and salt was so heavy it was almost impossible to eat any of these dishes. Even though they were all supposed to have different flavours,(except for the Brussel sprouts), they all tasted the exact same, gross amounts of roughly chopped garlic and copious levels of salt, rendering them inedible. You could actually see the piles of garlic on the food. The shrimp at almost 17.00 was not the usual, large size shrimp you might get for that price, but the cheaper small shrimp and lots of them. I have had Kung Pao many times in many restaurants and I can say without a doubt this was the worst. The shrimp dish came with a small bowl of white rice that was either so old or so undercooked that it was actually hard.

Top that off with perhaps the worst Cesar drink I have ever encountered and the meal is compete. The pervasive taste of garlic on the palate was so horrible we were guzzling Pellegrino water throughout the meal trying to rinse the garlic and salt from our mouths (picture eating three or four raw garlic cloves), and eating mints and gum for hours after. Even the next day the horrible over garlic taste was still there.

I have no idea why this establishment has such good reviews, most of our food was left on the table and the hefty 68.00 price for two felt like a huge waste of money.

Service was fast and friendly, about the only positive to the entire meal.

3  Thank Terryana
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Never realized that there was a PF Changs in Galleria Mall so I was shocked to find out it had been opened for three years! We had recently dined at PF Chang's in Myrtle Beach and really enjoyed it so I thought I would try this location to compare. The food was very tasty, good quality, large portions with the same happy hour specials. We were there at 5:00 pm and were surprised to find so few people dining! The only negatives we experienced: they charged us regular price on a happy hour appetizer (+$2.00), the booth we were seated in was in need of a good wiping (you could see handprints on the leatherette), service was a bit slow because staffing was slim. None of those which were deal breakers for us, so would visit again next time at Galleria.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Four of us celebrated my husband and my 45th wedding anniversary with dinner at PF Chang's at the Galleria Mall. We made reservations so there was very little waiting when we arrived. Our Server Shaelyn was being trained by Amber. What a friendly outgoing young lady! She helped us with the questions we had on the different dishes. Since there was four of us we ordered two of the dinner for two and shared the dishes. My only complaint was the beef and broccoli was VERY salty. However, the rest of the meal was very good. My suggestion would be to order the Mongolian Beef rather than the beef and broccoli. By sharing we managed to have several different dishes and thoroughly enjoyed our evening out.