“Great Sunday Brunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went to BRK for Sunday brunch with some friends. Awesome bartenders who know what they are doing. The bloody's are real good! Everything we ordered was great. I had a burger and it was super tasty and huge. We had the smothered fries with cheese and pulled pork which were great. The french toast was real good. Honestly, everything was good. I would go back again for sure. Cool bar.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank SUFAN4LIFE

Buffalo, New York
“Cool Place with Nice Croud”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went to Black Rock Kitchen and Bar not knowing quite what to expect. But, based on a recommendation from friends I trusted I was not disappointed. It's little restaurant with a fun & quircky decor inside. It has a great bar. There regular menu has quite the range of eats - some standard fare like fish tacos and then some not so standard fare like bone marrow in an appetizer. Black Rock also has a specials menu, which I highly recommend - had a fantastic bone in pork chop - YUM! And, went a second or third time with a group of friends and ordered a lovely cheese platter to share - it was EXCELLENT - one of the best cheese platters I've ever had with lot's of really different selections. If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a little bit of a "cool / funky factor" and of course good food - this place is for you.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank buffaloplaid
lima
“Great Spot in Black Rock”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We went to Black Rock Kitchen based upon a recommendation from a friend. We were pleasantly surprised by the cute exterior and even more so by the interior. There is a long handsome wood bar and the restaurant had a beautiful tin ceiling. The restaurant is fairly small but they make the most of the space by combining a row of tall tables between the bar and the wall with smaller tables and bench seating. We were seated at a tall table and did not feel crowded. There was not much of a bar crowd because everyone at the bar seemed to be eating. Their standard menu has a nice mix of choices that were supplemented by a number of evening specials. Their beer and wine menu had a good selection at reasonable prices. For dinner my husband chose the Veal Chop with quinoa and asparagus. Our daughter chose the Beef Filet dinner special which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. I chose the Roasted Pork Enchiladas with Poblano Cream Sauce. Both the Veal and Filet were proclaimed to be excellent and both plates were cleaned. My Enchiladas were outstanding. The pork had an authentic flavor and the cream sauce was spicy but not too hot. My three enchiladas were more than I could eat so my husband had the remaining one for lunch the next day and he was also impressed with the flavors of the dish. We were very happy that our friends recommended this gem to us. We look forward to an opportunity to return.

2 Thank sket101
Upstate NY
“Great Bistro”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Newely opened, this second spot for Allentown restaurant owners is just marvelous. Great bartenders and great food... what more could you want? The food is what real people eat... not the over the top expression of the chef's ego ( JJ are you listening ?). Everything on the menu is well prepared and hot when it hits your table. The house burger is quite possiblythe best I have ever had in Buffalo. Take a trip down Amherst Street.... plentiful well lit parking is across the street. Enjoy!

2 Thank UpstateNYSunbeam
Buffalo, New York
“A cosmopolitan experience in old Polonia”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had brunch here on Sunday and was amazed. Except for the English-speaking patrons this restaurant could have been in Paris. Stylish yet informal at the same time....The smoked salmon with crustades (very French!), thinly sliced fresh tomato and red onion, capers, cream cheese...was beautifully presented. The companion had steak and eggs. The home fries (very Buffalo!) superb.....

2 Thank saladays62