“room for one more...”
Review of Paula's Donuts

Paula's Donuts
Ranked #1 of 20 Dessert in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Description: Established in 1996, Paula's Donuts(R) is a family owned and operated business. Our hand cut donuts are baked fresh daily on the premises, the old fashioned way. Voted #1 Donuts by Buffalo Spree. Paula's has over 30 varieties of donuts as well as pastries, muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, carrot cake, coffee, cappuccino, tea, hot chocolate, and cold beverages. TASTE THE DIFFERENCE Excellence is not achieved by cutting corners. Using only the finest quality ingredients, we go the extra mile to bring you the very best in donut deliciousness. Every Paula's donut has a very special ingredient, something you won't find in any of the big chain store donuts- we make our hand cut donuts with love! SHOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE Show your family, friends, and co-workers that you care enough to bring the very best. Our donuts are always fresh and they don't leave the unpleasant greasy aftertaste that you find in many mass produced donuts. Donuts are supposed to be flavorful and are meant to delight your palate. If the donuts you buy now leave you feeling dissatisfied- it's time to see what a real donut should taste like. At Paula's we are always happy to serve you with the finest donuts in Buffalo.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

If it were possible to add another star to TripAdvisor ratings, Paula's would get it, and Paula could probably bake it, too. This North Buffalo doughnut shop is almost too good to be true -- and, in fact, in a while, it won't be, as a lease dispute will relocate nearer the Cheap Gourmets' home. There goes the diet! Paula's has every sort of doughnut imaginable, including a peanut butter-and-jelly and the unique headlights and tail-lights. We usually go for the holes, and if Paula is "out" of a particular makeup -- say coconut, two kinds, Mrs. CG's favorite -- they will often MAKE THEM UP WHILE YOU WAIT!... The place is actually a bit grungy and the wait it worth it in people-watching. Paula's also provides the continental breakfasts for a couple of local motels, worth checking in for. There are season specialities, too, the post-lent faschnachts (six styles) and Mardi-Gras paczki's (pronounced "Poonch-kees," not easy when your mouth is full)... We'd say more but we've made ourselves hungry writing this, sorry, heading down to Paula's, back tomorrow...

2  Thank DOUGANDPOLLY
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Coming from Toronto, I'm used to chain donuts, like Tim Hortons and Krispy Kreme. Paula's puts these places to shame. We brought two dozen home with us, and our family went nuts! Fresh and STUFFED with filling! Our favourites were the peanut butter and jelly, key lime and angel cream (both white and chocolate). My only regret, is that we have to go through the whole passport thing, just to get more!

1  Thank KMF0119
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was told I had to try Paula's. You can't beat an independent over a chain, and Paula's bears that out. I bought an Apple Crumble and a Boston Cream, which I ate about five hours apart. They were so fresh I was tempted to blow my blood sugar, but I waited. The quality is excellent and I will return.

3  Thank Kevvie_G
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We go to Paula's every 3-4 weeks , as a treat for our two young grandchildren, they pick out their favorite. They eat 1/2 at our home and take the other half home to eat later, or for Mom or Dad.
I love the angel creme filled. hubby loves either jelly or peanut stick. They also have pastries and donut holes. While, I love Tim H for coffee, their donuts are not even close to Paula's quality or quantity.

2  Thank lovestravel26
Reviewed December 18, 2012

You cannot get better donuts than these. My God, they are huge and delicious. The peanut sticks are the closest thing to a religious experience that I've had. Grab a gallon of milk and prepare to enter heaven on Earth.

2  Thank Sabresfan01