“Almost perfect but....”
Review of Grand Lady Cruises

Grand Lady Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Buffalo/Niagara's Only Dinner Cruise. We specialize in private charters for all occasions, as well as lunch, dinner, and sightseeing cruises for groups and individuals.
Greenville, Mississippi
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Almost perfect but....”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a very good time. The food was great. Everything was great. The one problem we had was that the only beverage that was offered with dinner was ice water. if you wanted tea, and I mean something like a 6 oz. glass, it was $3.50 a glass. I thought that was a little extreme and I refused to pay it and kept drinking the ice water. Tea is one of the few drinks that is cheaply made. $3.50 was way overpriced in my opinion.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CTHOMA7
Jenna D, Manager at Grand Lady Cruises, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed your Dinner Cruise with us. In reference to your comments regarding our beverage pricing, it is true that we only include water, coffee, decaf, and hot tea with the meal. A 14oz glass of Iced Tea, either sweetened or unsweetened, from the bar is $1.75 per glass, as are all our soft drinks. $3.50 is our price for domestic draft beer. There seems to have been some sort of miscommunication or confusion if you were told that the price for tea was $3.50. Could you tell me the date of your cruise so I could investigate a bit further?

Buffalo, New York
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The Best Time!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I went with a group of friends and everyone had such a great time! The boat was fantastic and being on the water was beautiful! We did the "casual cruise" on a Friday night and there was live music and a cash bar. What a fun way to start the weekend!

Jenna D, Manager at Grand Lady Cruises, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Glad you enjoyed yourself, Melanie! Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you and your friends back on board with us soon!
“A little less music”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hoping not to seem too old for my age (57), I like a live musician as much as the next guy. With the sound system a bit loud on the upper poop deck, where he was playing, the forward deck should have been a bit of a refuge with the speakers off. Unfortunately, all the outside areas were full of fairly loud music. Inside near the bar was quieter, but a more serene outside spot should have been available. Enjoyed the cruise otherwise.

Visited July 2014
Jenna D, Manager at Grand Lady Cruises, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
John,
Thank you for your feedback following your cruise. We will take your suggestion under advisement for the future. I hope you will join us for a cruise again in the future!
Asbury Park, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful group experience!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excellent dinner cruise with outstanding food & entertainment on deck! Short ride from Falls .Easy parking and great friendly staff!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Silverwheels54
Jenna D, General Manager at Grand Lady Cruises, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your time on board with us! Thank you for your kind words and hopefully we will have the opportunity to host you on board again in the future if you find yourself back in the area.
Buffalo, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful evening on the water”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is one of those things in life you must try at least once in your life. However, I would like to try it again during warmer weather and daylight. I originally tried booking the Memorial Day weekend dinner cruise but it was cancelled due to not of interest. I was able to book the last cruise of the season. The crew was very welcoming from start to finish. We were seated by a window which gave us a beaytiful view. However, due to it getting darker earlier our view ended as it was just a reflection of the other guests. Therefore, we bundled up and went outside to enjoy it.

This is an event enjoyed by couples for sure. There was plenty of room to walk around. The bathrooms are clean and fresh. The three hour ride was more than enough to enjoy the evening. The live entertainment did get louder as the evening went on which made it harder to talk to each other.

Visited October 2012

Been to Grand Lady Cruises? Share your experiences!