“Amazing Mexican food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing Mexican food!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I ordered the chips with queso and the beef enchilada. They were both fantastic and I highly recommend them. The person that was with me ordered the steak burrito and said it was very good also. It has a fun urban feel to it. In an "artsy" location on Allen and Elmwood. I would definitely recommend for a fun time. It's not exactly a family restaurant but it's fun for going out. I'd say it' best for the 20-late 40's crowd!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jaime1485

“Great mexican”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love the Mexican food here but bar is just too loud. We went here with my daughter and her boyfriend and found ourselves screaming across the table and still couldn't hear each other. I actually won't go back for this reason as I like to be able to talk over dinner...but food and drinks are great!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank TJBFLO
“Very Best in Mexican”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I went with another couple one Saturday night without reservations. The hostess told us that we probably had to wait an hour which we thought was ok. We found a nice space at the bar and had a drink there. The bartender was quite kind and funny too. I think we waited 45 minutes and our table was ready. The food was exceptional! The waitress was so nice and accommodating as well. This has become one of our favorite stops.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MareJer
Tonawanda, New York
“Food and bar service is top notch”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I strolled in a fifteen minutes before 6pm on a Sunday night. A few tables were open, but we were told they are holding a table for reservations. It would be a half-hour wait for a table. We bellied up for a drink at the bar and low and behold a few people left and seats became available. So with Fred and Adam serving libations. We decided to eat at the bar. The fish taco my wife said was great. My steak and cheese burrito was huge and fresh and spectacular. The queso with chorizo is by far the best we have ever had. I would also recommend the sangria if you aren't looking to tequila or a mescal.

So while seated and eating at the bar, multiple people came in, some left when told of the wait. At one point there was five free tables and the hostess was still turning people away. Just about 6:45pm, the hostess did have four of the five tables filled with reservations, but the table that was open when I walked in was still vacant. I would suggest a few things to Mike the owner... no reservations, first come first served. There isn't the seating of Mike A's or a larger restaurant that can leave tables open for an hour and not turn over a group of diners.

By the way, we stopped in on Friday of this past week and the wait at 7:30pm was 2 hours or so. We decided to walk down Allen and go to Allen Street Hardware Cafe. We still came back because the food is that good. Tweak a few things and this place will be the best. Cannot wait for the patio to open.

Visited April 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Awesome food and a great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Four of us went for dinner on a Saturday night before a concert. The place was "not gonna get seated without a reservation" crowded. Even with the mass of people we were seated promptly, served terrifically and ate some of the best Mexican style food I've ever had.

Duck confit tacos, brisket enchiladas, chorizo burrito and chicken quesadillas were our order, washed down with some awesome pomegranate margaritas.

The food is wonderful, the prices are reasonable and the portions are filling. Drink prices are a little higher, but not outrageous. Located right on the corner of Allen and Elmwood makes parking a bit of a challenge, but worth even a little walk.

• Visited March 2014