“Clean and spacious”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Clean and spacious”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was diamond for several years running but lately I'm a lowly gold hhonors and get little for it by way of upgrades, so it was nice to get one here and what an upgrade it was, like a small apartment!
It was nice and clean, very spacious. I prefer no valet, a detractor to the Embassy suites across the way.
The only drawback was one morning when a demolition crew were attempting to dig into the solid, frozen ground at 7am, right outside, but that's out of the hotel's control.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much, NCLimey, for your review of our hotel. We like to upgrade guests whenever we can. We are happy that we were able to thank you for your patronage to the Hilton brand by upgrading you to a suite. We are sorry, though like you said it was out of our control, that a construction crew caused a disturbance one morning of your stay. We hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Downtown Buffalo the next time you are in Buffalo. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Miami, FL
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was doing business at City Hall, and the Hampton Inn was a great location, close by in very cold and snowy weather in early March. The breakfast buffet was exceptionally good, featuring fresh pineapple and even more exotic fruit. I enjoyed a room with a gas fireplace (an upgrade). The exercise equipment is the best I've ever seen in a Hampton Inn, both the quality of equipment and the variety. It was great to have connections through the lobby to three restaurants too. The Chocolate Bar offered a delicious meal at the end of a busy work day. (We didn't try the two other restaurants.)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good morning, gablesptsa! First, thank you for choosing to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. Second, we are so happy that we were able to provide you with a great breakfast buffet, a lovely room with fireplace, a nice exercise room, and a convenient location! We always aim at making travelling as effortless as possible for our guests. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you! We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Buffalo. Thank you for your patronage.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are new to buffalo area. Not knowing where we are going to live he had to stay in hotel until we found a place of our own. I can't get over the location and how convenience it is to get around from this hotel.
Across the street you have two great coffee places "Starbucks and Spot Coffee," should the hotel coffee isn't your choice. However I have to say the coffee bar right across from the front desk is my favorite go to place every afternoon. It's help that it was freezing cold outside and to come back to the hotel and grab a hot chocolate before we head up to our room.
The breakfast selection was great, there's waffle maker, eggs, bacon and sausage. Maybe not all at once but I stayed here long enough to know they change their choice of meat daily. Not complaint but I wouldn't have mine having sausage twice is a row ;) There's also fresh fruit salad, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, cookies and varieties of juices. However going to breakfast between 8-8:30 is always a crowd. Yes I understand it's breakfast time but it can get crowded and you might have to wait a long time if you're wanting waffle. After the first day of the experience, I waited out to about 9-9:15 to go to avoid the crowd. And it work because it was just me and few people there eating.
Our was nice and look newly renovated with update furnishing. The bed and comforter was super comfortable. No problem going to bed at night. We enjoy every moment of our stay. And we did find our place to live down the street from downtown and a few block from the hotel.

Highly recommend if you want to be central if downtown when visiting Buffalo.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Good morning, Chan S! Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We all loved the pictures you posted of the room. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the selection of our breakfast. Many of our guests are long term stay guests, and we love seeing familiar faces. Congratulations on finding a home nearby. Please stop by to visit us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great hotel. Rooms are always clean. Always ample space. Suites are great with hot tubs or fireplace. Love the connection to restaurants right from hotel. They do not have on demand movies which someone in my family feels is a a huge fault of the Embassy Suites but yet not here? Anyway great hotel.

Room Tip: They do not have on demand movies which I do not mind but others definitely do!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good afternoon, JTD724! Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are happy that you enjoy the unique amenities to many of our rooms, as well as our proximity to restaurants. We would like to thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again.
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I travel to Buffalo a lot since I work for a Buffalo-based company but live in Boston. Over the last year I have stayed at several hotels in the Buffalo area but I love the Hampton Inn the best; I am disappointed if I cannot get a room there during a trip to Buffalo. The staff is always genuinely friendly and always working hard to make your stay wonderful. I love the parking; it is right next to the hotel with no valet (with other hotels in the area you either have to wait for the valet or walk blocks to get your car out of a parking garage). Their rooms are quiet (they block out street noise as well as hallway noise) and they are a nice size (not too big that you feel lost in the room, but not too small that you feel cramped). The rooms are always clean and everything always works. I love their location to restaurants in the area that you can walk to during the summer but the fact that they provide access to four food options without going outside during the winter. Their exercise room equipment is always in working condition. Throw in free wifi and a great, free breakfast included and you can understand why I always try to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sdavi
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Good afternoon, sdavi, and thank you so much for your response. We understand that for people who spend a lot of time in hotels due to their work schedule, hotel stays are not always met with the same excitement as leisure travelers. We are so glad that we are able to meet your needs and give access to great amenities. There are some wonderful hotels in Buffalo, and we are proud that you rank us as your favorite. We look forward to the next time we welcome you “home.” Thank you for your patronage.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were in town for a Saturday night for a family gathering. We had never stayed at the Hampton Suites before (usually we stay at the Embassy Suites but decided to try something new). First off, our room was tiny! For the amount I paid for the night, I was expecting something a little bigger than a postage stamp sized room. I can get a whole suite next door at the Embassy for the same price. Upon arrival our bed looked very lumpy. At first I thought they had checked us into an already occupied room. Turned out it was just the comforter. The comforter is all sewn squares so when they wash it, all the filling in each square balls up giving the lumpy look. This also means that the warmth quality of the bedspread is lost. I asked for them to change it which they happily did. The second comforter was better but was on it's way to being a lumpy mess. Other than the comforter, the room was clean as was the bathroom.

Our night of sleep was horrible. There must have been some kind of bachelorette party or girls gathering of some sort as they were partying and screaming in the halls from about 2-4 AM. And by screaming I mean SCREAMING (most of which was profanity).

Breakfast the next morning was pretty good. The food was fresh and plentiful and there were places to sit.

The staff were very nice, I have nothing but good things to say about them, I did not encounter one staff member who was anything but pleasant.

Overall, it is a nice hotel in a good location. However, the value for the room is not that great and the bedding is unfortunately showing it's age.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Good afternoon, michisholm, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. As a historical building, we take advantage of the already existing structure of the building so that most rooms are not alike. Some rooms are larger, while others are smaller. Our suites differ in their amenities, as well as size. Many of our guests enjoy certain aspects of different rooms, and room types. It looks like you were in one of the smaller standard rooms of the hotel. Though some people enjoy a cozy feel (our bar exam test takers love them), we understand that other guests enjoy spreading out. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again so that you experience the different rooms we have available. Thank you for your business.
Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Me and my parents stayed here for two nights while visiting my brother and we were all really happy with everything. Light, clean, airy rooms (with a jacuzzi!) and the beds were comfortable. Good breakfast, friendly staff and shuttle to/from the airport. Free, reliable wifi as well.

Definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Good morning, norosesnoskies! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We work very hard to make sure that guests are afforded the comfort and amenities that they deserve while staying at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your patronage.