“Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Adelaide, Australia
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We only stayed one night (for Niagara) but the hotel made us think about coming back to see more of Buffalo. We stayed in 5 hotels during our stay in US (and some very good ones too), but this was miles ahead. It had everything the other hotels didn't - coin laundry (very handy when on long vacations), free computers with internet (as well as wi-fi) and free breakfast every morning. The staff were exceptional also. I wish they could replicate this hotel in every city across US as I would stay no where else. Anyone thinking of opening a hotel or improving an existing one should visit here with a very big note book. Well done ladies and gentlemen! Love your work!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I cannot thank you enough for all of your kind words about our hotel. Our team tries very hard each and every day and your words really help solidify our efforts. I truly understand that you had many great choices when traveling thru our area and I appreciate the fact that you chose ours. If you ever come back to the country again, I hope you look us up. We thank you again for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Clean, soft sheets, hot water, great selection at free breakfast, nice staff. Felt safe...parking was fenced in and required a room card, as did the elevators. Will stay again the next time we visit our daughter at school.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am glad that you have found a safe comfortable spot when visiting your daughter at school. Your kind words about our staff and the cleanliness is greatly appreciated. We hoe to see you again soon. Thank you.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed with two other couples for a wedding it was great. We had a suite with an ajoining room which worked out excellent. The staff was super friendly the rooms were very clean. The valet staff we a riot! Awesome time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am so glad to hear that you and your husband had a great time while staying with us. We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. We hope that you come back and stay with us again. Thank you for your business.
Canandaigua, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here last week for a convention. As a single woman traveler, I always appreciate details like key card access to the elevators and stairwells. I walked to and from the convention center, which is only two blocks away. I felt safe during the day but wouldn't walk outside in the dark alone.
There is a very large breakfast area and a nice sitting area in the lobby. The pool is small but opens early so you can swim before your work day starts, which I really appreciate.
Rooms were large and clean and the showerhead was way up on the wall, which I am sure tall people appreciate. Wi-fi was fast and when the front desk called for a taxi for us, it came within a few minutes.
We walked to Allen Street which is where all the fun restaurants are. Seemed safe enough with another person.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ber5408
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found the security of our hotel beneficial. We appreciate the comments about our public space and the quality of your room. I understand that you had many choices when choosing a hotel for your convention stay and we appreciate the fact that you choose us. Thank you for your business.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is extraordinary. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the US, Europe, South America and Asia, and this one ranks right at the top of my "best" list. Much better than most Ritz Carltons or other supposed high-end hotels. Everything about it was wonderful during my three nights there. When I arrived at 11:45 PM, their helpful and friendly van driver was there to whisk me to the hotel. I was met by equally professional front-desk help. My room was unbelievably nice--#202--a suite. Enormous LR/kitchen, enormous bathroom, and very comfortable and spacious BR. On the spur of the moment at 9 PM Saturday night, I decided I wanted to rent a car to use the next day. I called the front desk and inquired about a ride to the Buffalo airport. They dropped what they were doing and took me there immediately. They were so thoughtful and accommodating. And oh yes, the breakfast buffet is very nice and a great, convenient way to kick off the morning.I honestly hated to leave. Buffalo is a fascinating place and I look forward to returning to see more of it and by all means will stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown.

Room Tip: 202, 302, 402 would be ideal if you need lots of room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for the kind words posted here on Trip Advisor. It is a real honor and privilege to be mentioned on the “best” list of a seasoned traveler’s list such as yours. I am glad and proud to here how well our staff treated you during your visit and how you enjoyed your suite and all of our amenities. I have to agree with you that Buffalo is a pretty fascinating city. We would be glad to recommend more of it on your next visit. We can’t wait for your return!
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Delaware Ave last weekend. Great location for restaurants, nightlife, and Shae Theatre. Close to interstate for easy travelling. Clean room, helpful staff, good food. Important to me was the tall shower as I didn't have to bend over to get under the stream. Climate control was also good - no wall unit that rattles but rather an overhead vent system. Nice to have free parking, wifi, and breakfast. Would stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ayrjoe
Thank you for the comments you wrote about our hotel. I am glad you found the amenities to your preferences. It is definitely a plus to find the free parking in a downtown area. I understand that you have many good choices when traveling to Buffalo and we appreciate you choosing us. We hope to see you again.
Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a great hotel in so many ways, from the room sizes, to the design, to cleanliness, to the location, and staff! Everything was perfect and I wish I didn't have to leave! This will be my hotel every time I come to Buffalo! The exercise room was huge! There are s many places to eat right in front of the hotel, and the waterfront is near by and so is the Convention Center!

There are a few minor tweaks the hotel could make:

1) The hot food area where eggs and potatoes are at breakfast were located way in the corner in the breakfast area and was hard to reach. It should be in the center of the breakfast area.
2) The water flow is outstanding, especially for the showers, but is too slow for the sink.
3) The toilet paper holders are far from the toilet.

But these items have no impact on my rating, and I give it a 5 all around!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in taking care of it and by your comments we have done so. I appreciate all of the suggestions, which are very good and we will address those items. I hope that when you are back in the area you come and visit us again. We appreciate your business. Thank you!