“Everything we expected”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
ontario
“Everything we expected”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Delaware Ave last weekend. Great location for restaurants, nightlife, and Shae Theatre. Close to interstate for easy travelling. Clean room, helpful staff, good food. Important to me was the tall shower as I didn't have to bend over to get under the stream. Climate control was also good - no wall unit that rattles but rather an overhead vent system. Nice to have free parking, wifi, and breakfast. Would stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ayrjoe
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for the comments you wrote about our hotel. I am glad you found the amenities to your preferences. It is definitely a plus to find the free parking in a downtown area. I understand that you have many good choices when traveling to Buffalo and we appreciate you choosing us. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Clarksville, Maryland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a great hotel in so many ways, from the room sizes, to the design, to cleanliness, to the location, and staff! Everything was perfect and I wish I didn't have to leave! This will be my hotel every time I come to Buffalo! The exercise room was huge! There are s many places to eat right in front of the hotel, and the waterfront is near by and so is the Convention Center!

There are a few minor tweaks the hotel could make:

1) The hot food area where eggs and potatoes are at breakfast were located way in the corner in the breakfast area and was hard to reach. It should be in the center of the breakfast area.
2) The water flow is outstanding, especially for the showers, but is too slow for the sink.
3) The toilet paper holders are far from the toilet.

But these items have no impact on my rating, and I give it a 5 all around!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in taking care of it and by your comments we have done so. I appreciate all of the suggestions, which are very good and we will address those items. I hope that when you are back in the area you come and visit us again. We appreciate your business. Thank you!
Silver Creek, New York, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Delaware Ave last evening. We attended a family wedding at the Mansion on Delaware. We had stayed at the Hampton Inn in Lake George, so we were familier with this chain. Buffalo, you did good. The desk staff was very helpful, check in and out was a breeze. Our suite was gorgeous. The bathroom was HUGH. Full kitchen, comforable sitting area, large flat screen in the sitting area and bedroom. Very comfortable king size bed. Very quite hotel. We are planning a 2 day Christmas shopping weekend and we will stay here again. highly reccomend this hotel. Plenty of secure parking, great staff, great room.

Room Tip: Our room was just perfect, 6th floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 278Maureen123
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you. I am so glad to hear that your stay with us went very well. We appreciate you noticing the service that we provide and all that we have to offer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we realize you have many options and we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again on your shopping trip before Christmas.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What an incredible hotel to be hidden in buffalo ny. locations is close to everything with easy access to public transit. super close to all night life and bars in addition to the baseball stadium and downtown areas. rooms are modern and up to date. very reasonable prices and parking availability give this hotel alot to offer.

1 Thank Shaun_SWO
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It means allot when a traveler who travels a great deal shares there experience with us. We truly appreciate you pointing out some of the great things we have to offer as a city and a Hotel. Reasonable prices are very important in today’s economy. I hope if you travel again back to Buffalo you come and stay with us. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you.
Toronto, ON
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Well, it lived up to the hype! This hotel was in a great location in the centre of Buffalo with easy access to many restaurants and bars, all within walking distance. The hotel itself is in great condition and the rooms recently done and very comfortable and spacious. The staff was very helpful and breakfast was a nice bonus! Shopping excursions to the Military Trail outlet was about a 15 minute drive up the highway, but worth it. All around a great experience... Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on this site. I am very glad that we were able to live up to your expectations. We are very fortunate to be in such a great city with great things around us to do. I am pleased that you were comfortable with your stay and you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope that if your travels bring you down to Buffalo you come and stay with us again. Thank you for your business.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a wonderful property. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was a palace. I normally stay at Embassy suites so I have room. There was no need here The room gave plenty of room to relax and move around.

The included parking is safe and easy to use. The breakfast was better than expected. Especially Friday morning. When you needed something the staff was very attentive, but did not bother you. Great balance.

I will stay here again every time I am back to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your post and your kind remarks. I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in all aspects. We look forward to seeing you back on your visits to Buffalo
New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and found the hotel to be very nice. We weren't able to get an early check-in because it was a busy weekend for the hotel, but we did get to enjoy the free breakfast upon our arrival. There are some vagabonds in downtown Buffalo, so it was also nice that the elevator required key access to use.

Our room was right next to the elevator, which I don't recommend because we could hear the ding of the elevator at night. Other than that, the room was very clean, updated, and a nice size. I also enjoyed that the hotel provided little sanitation wipes for the remote control and phone. A nice touch for items that are overlooked when hotel rooms are cleaned.

We ran into an issue with our room on our second night there, and when I called the front desk the woman working was very helpful and apologetic. It was 2am in the morning when I called, and the issue had been resolved by the time we woke up in the morning. We were able to get a late check-out on the day we left, which was great.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I am glad that you found the security of the key access easy to use. Thank you for the remarks on our sanitation wipes and the cleanliness of the room, those items are very important to us. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue in the middle of the night, but I am glad that we were able to take care of the concern. We realize that you have a choice when you stay in Buffalo and we are glad that you choose us.