“Beautiful hotel, Great Service, Highly Recommend”

Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here on a trip to Niagra falls. The hotel is very modern and updated. Very clean. We loved the pool & whirlpool and the staff was wonderful. The free breakfast was nice.

The only minor annoyance I had was that the breakfast staff didn't empty the garbage at breakfast and paper plates & trash were stacked all over the tables & on top of the trash. I think the breakfast service needs some improvement to be run a little more efficiently. For example there was only one toaster so people had to wait in line to toast bread.

But overall we were very happy. The hotel is nicely situated near a lot of restaurants that you can walk to.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

My apologies to you for our team not being more attentive to the garbage during breakfast. I can see and understand how that may not be the most pleasant experience. I thank you for your feedback and very observant suggestions. We are looking into the efficiency of our breakfast.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here from June 30-July 2. We choose this hotel because it was #1 on Trip Advisor - we were in Buffalo to do some shopping and checking out some good wing joints. Our stay happend to fall over a holiday weekend and the hotel was quite busy!

The first night was fine, seemed quiet in the hotel. Upon check in they were just at the tail end of their reno's and was told that they would be back to somewhat normal in the morning (and they were). The staff seemed very polite and apologetic for any inconvenience this may have caused (didn't cause any).

Our king jacuzzi room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. We visited the bar across the street, I can't remember the name of it but they had very good wings. We checked out the pool and hot tub an hour before it closed down for the night and we had everything to our selves.
Breakfast was included in the cost of the room. They had a good selection and seemed pretty spacious. Just enough to start your day....shopping! Yes, this hotel is about 20 --30 mins (no traffic) from Galleria Mall, Niagara Falls, etc....

We had come back from shopping and dinner and We had trouble parking the car in the hotel lot because it was full! I found this disappointing, but a hotel worker managed to find a spot (but not really a parking spot) in the lot for the night.

The next morning we awoke and went for breakfast in the hotel and it was packed!!!!!! Looks like a lot of families stay here!!! We hardly had anything to eat because everything had been picked over and it was only 9am! There was no where to sit, but we managed to find a bench near the coffee station and eat our toast. Thank god we were checking out that day, don't think I could take morning of that.

All in all, I would stay here again, but not on a holiday weekend...I might even think twice about staying during a regular weekend. This hotel is very clean and yes, you do need a room card to operate the elevator-which makes me feel better.

1  Thank pinky78

I would like to first off thank you for choosing us because of our #1 status. We can be a very busy hotel for travelers of all kinds and I thank you for being patient with us while we service our guests. I hope you come to see us again soon. Maybe a shopping trip before the Holidays?

Reviewed August 2, 2011

This IS the place to stay in Downtown Buffalo!... Staff were very friendly & attentive. Forgot my toothbrush, so I put in a call to the front desk-& before I hung up the phone, I had a very nice man knocking at the door with a complimentary toothbrush & toothpaste! Hot complimentary breakfast was good enough to feed & satisfy my finicky children -&husband ;) there are fresh baked cookies & fresh brewed coffee at 3:00pm. This is our 2nd stay here. We were contemplating on staying next door at Embassy Suites & we are glad that we chose Hampton again. The rooms are large, clean & the hotel was recently renovated. Even the pool area was updated. We stayed in the whirlpool king size suite, since we were traveling with 2 children & we had more than enough room.

• Stayed: August 2011
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your views in this forum about our hotel. The time spent on expressing your positive experience is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that we were able to make everyone happy.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The service was perfect. The room was perfect. There were several good restaurants at the hotel and the free continental breakfast was wonderful. The decor in the hotel is beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel

1  Thank jefh_10
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

To say that this was the nicest hotel you have ever stayed at is a tremendous compliment and I thank you for that. I am glad that you found some of the local restaurants in Buffalo great as well. We pride ourselves in having the best food around. Thank you for your all around great compliments and recommending our hotel to others.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed here to visit the Niagara Falls cause everything else close to the falls was booked. Despite the distance (about 20 mins drive) the decision turned out to be a good one. The hotel seems like a relatively new set up and has been done up tasefully. The things that we liked about the hotel were:
- Exteremely good, prompt and curtious service
- Amenities like a nice pool and spa, reading room etc
- very clean
- comfortable beds
- very spacious rooms and bathrooms
- decent prices
- huge parking
- surrounded by a couple of good resturants(some of them offer a 10% discount for hotel guests)
- great breakfast
We liked the place so much that we extended our stay by another day. If you are tarvelling by a car and plan to visit the falls, don't let the distance stop you from considering the hotel. I would now prefer to stay in the downtown rather than the area close to the falls which is cramped, crowded, loud and unkept.

Room Tip: Try to take the rooms facing the main road...they seem to be a bit more spacious because of the layo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Sauneh,

Thank you very much for writing about your positive experience at our Hotel. Downtown Buffalo is a great place to stay when visiting the falls, your comments are so true. I am very proud of our staff for providing such great service. We thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was just in Buffalo on July 8 to 10th and I had the most wonderful time. The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was very large and well stocked with all the necessary items to make our stay very enjoyable. The housekeeping was excellent and the staff was very accommodating. We really enjoyed the breakfast and the fitness rooms. I personally enjoyed the pool/spa as it was very clean and well stocked with towels. Overall the Hampton Inn & Suites of Downtown Buffalo made my first trip to Buffalo NY a very enjoyable experience and one I will always remember/. .

1  Thank arobinson1031
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

arobinson1031

The pool and spa are a great choice, especially when we have been having the great weather that has been upon us. Thank you for noticing the details of our great staff and amenities. The positive feedback that you write about brings a smile to all of us. Thank you for your business. We hope that you will back to see us, the next time you are in Buffalo.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We three families stayed for 2 nights July 1 - July 3, 2011. This hotel was awesome and wonderful. All of us enjoyed our stay so much!

I was about to book the Embassy suites and then I noticed that Hampton Inn was ranked as #1 hotel by trip advisor. It was a great choice. The king suites was huge, the bedroom has a king bed and the living room has a queen size sofa bed, it also comes with a full kitchen, we didn’t use the kitchen though but it’s very good. The bed was so clean and comfortable.

This hotel looks like newly renovated, our kids loved to use the room keys to operate the elevator and we adults liked the nice looking brand new carpet flooring from elevator to the rooms.

The staff at the front desk was very nice, friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was pretty good with many choices. It was very convenient for our group with senior/toddler as we could enter the restaurants through the hotel lobby using room key. We tried both restaurants at the hotel Papaya and Chocolate Bar, they are very good, the food was great and the price was reasonable.

I and my friend already recommended this hotel to our colleagues. We will definitely stay in Hampton Inn if we go back to the buffalo area.

We would like to give a big thanks to the general manager Mr Bob Karmazyn!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ilovetravel18

Ilovetravel18,

You truly received a taste of all of our amenities that we have to offer. It is great to hear that everyone had a great time, from the toddlers to the seniors. We are very proud of our brand new renovation and it obviously shows. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We will see you next time, when you are back in Buffalo.