“We'll be back!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Burlington, Ontario
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I needed to drop Frank off at the Buffalo airport so instead of a quick run across the border in the early morning, we decided to come a day early and get to know the city and it's surroundings a little better. Instead of opting for one of the more generic hotels by the airport, we thought we'd try a B&B. Parkside House was just the place! We loved the experience and Chris and Johnny are excellent hosts. We were given the front room, which was probably one of largest bedroom rooms we've ever stayed in. The breakfast was delicious - grilled bread filled with sweet mascarpone, smothered in fresh berries and sauce. mmmm! Their recommendation to have dinner at Hutch's was a highlight. We've already decided two things: 1. When I pick Frank up in a week we're going back to Hutch's for another great meal... and we'll definitely come back to the area to do tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright houses and see the Buffalo zoo. Thanks guys for introducing us to some beautiful memories of your city!

Room Tip: We stayed in the front room and loved it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarjonnekeGrech

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
South Euclid, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2012

You owe to yourselves to let Chris and Johnny be your welcome and gracious hosts. Smack dab in the middle of a cultural renaissance, the Parkside offers an outstanding stay with well appointed rooms, great beds, beautiful baths and the captured elegance of a time gone by. Don't miss Chris' breakfasts; they are to die for. It's just like visiting old and dear friends & close to Albight Knox, the Derwin Martin House and the rich architecture or a revival city. Book now before the summer rush; you will not be disappointed. Be sure to say hello to Drucella!

Kim S.

Room Tip: The Jewett Room has the best bath complete with clawfoot tub and marble walk-in shower.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kim s
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Parkside House while visiting Buffalo for the National Trust Conference in October, 2011. Chris and Johnny were fantastic hosts and made me feel right at home. Chris graciously accommodated my early schedule and helped to arrange transportation downtown. He is a wonderful cook and I thoroughly enjoyed my early morning chats over coffee in the kitchen with Chris while he was preparing his delicious breakfast specialties. He made me feel like family. Nikki, the Golden Retriever, is truly a lover and stood in for my pet away from home.

This home has been beautifully restored and the accommodations were very comfortable and modern while retaining their historic charm. I stayed in the spacious Woodward room overlooking the lovely Parkside neighborhood. I would highly recommend the Parkside House to anyone visiting Buffalo!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My family and I rented two rooms for a week at the Parkside house. Not only was this refurbished house gorgeous and tastefully decorated, but the Host Chris was the very best host I have ever met. The breakfasts he prepared were phenomenal, the atmosphere was always warm and cheery, and I felt right at home. There is nothing he could improve on his services, they were absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: I had stayed in two of the three rooms, and they were both excellent.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Parkside House about a week ago on a cross country trip to Maine. After a ten and a half hour drive from Chicago, I was exhausted and ready for a soft bed. As soon as Chris came to the door, I felt right at home. He showed me around their beautiful establishment, highlighting the music room, and the gorgeous Jewett room that I was occupying that night. I was able to meet both Johnathan and Chris and they treated me like a friend they hadn't seen in a long time. When I retired to my room, I wanted to take a bath to relax from the drive. The master bathroom with its claw bathtub, multi-head shower, and heated floors were just what I needed. The bed was comfy and I slept like a baby. In the morning I was treated to a savory breakfast quiche that was both satisfying and invigorating. Overall, my stay at The Parkside House was a treat, and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
danchited
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We've just returned to Tokyo from our second stay at the Parkside House.
When Chris welcomed us at the door, it was like coming home to our second house in Buffalo.

Last year, we stayed at Woodward and this year, Jewett. Although I liked Woodward for its spaciousness, I appreciated the large bathroom in Jewett. There's lots of counter space where you can put your toiletries. Unlike Woodward, it doesn't have have a sitting area. But it has a writing desk.

Once again, breakfast was healthy and delicious. The first day, Chris served us eggs benedict (he told us that he only makes this when the house is not full!) with fruits on the side. Delicious! The second day, quiche (this is my favorite - Chris made it for us last year - again, delicious!) with fruits on the side.

Now that I'm back from my second stay at the Parkside, I am looking forward to my third stay there.

Highly recommended, especially for repeat stay! Friendly and hardworking owners who take pride in their bed and breakfast establishment.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The house was beautiful and comfortable, the breakfast delicious and the host friendly and available. But the best thing about the parkside house was the location. We visited the zoo, toured a Frank Lloyd Wright house, ate at a nice restaurant and took in some tiffany stained glass windows all within walking distance.

This was our first time in Buffalo and is was a lovely and relaxing weekend thanks to The Parkside house.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple