“You will be hard pressed to find anything better.”
Review of Parkside House

Parkside House
Ranked #2 of 4 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My family and I rented two rooms for a week at the Parkside house. Not only was this refurbished house gorgeous and tastefully decorated, but the Host Chris was the very best host I have ever met. The breakfasts he prepared were phenomenal, the atmosphere was always warm and cheery, and I felt right at home. There is nothing he could improve on his services, they were absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: I had stayed in two of the three rooms, and they were both excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Parkside House

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Parkside House about a week ago on a cross country trip to Maine. After a ten and a half hour drive from Chicago, I was exhausted and ready for a soft bed. As soon as Chris came to the door, I felt right at home. He showed me around their beautiful establishment, highlighting the music room, and the gorgeous Jewett room that I was occupying that night. I was able to meet both Johnathan and Chris and they treated me like a friend they hadn't seen in a long time. When I retired to my room, I wanted to take a bath to relax from the drive. The master bathroom with its claw bathtub, multi-head shower, and heated floors were just what I needed. The bed was comfy and I slept like a baby. In the morning I was treated to a savory breakfast quiche that was both satisfying and invigorating. Overall, my stay at The Parkside House was a treat, and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We've just returned to Tokyo from our second stay at the Parkside House.
When Chris welcomed us at the door, it was like coming home to our second house in Buffalo.

Last year, we stayed at Woodward and this year, Jewett. Although I liked Woodward for its spaciousness, I appreciated the large bathroom in Jewett. There's lots of counter space where you can put your toiletries. Unlike Woodward, it doesn't have have a sitting area. But it has a writing desk.

Once again, breakfast was healthy and delicious. The first day, Chris served us eggs benedict (he told us that he only makes this when the house is not full!) with fruits on the side. Delicious! The second day, quiche (this is my favorite - Chris made it for us last year - again, delicious!) with fruits on the side.

Now that I'm back from my second stay at the Parkside, I am looking forward to my third stay there.

Highly recommended, especially for repeat stay! Friendly and hardworking owners who take pride in their bed and breakfast establishment.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The house was beautiful and comfortable, the breakfast delicious and the host friendly and available. But the best thing about the parkside house was the location. We visited the zoo, toured a Frank Lloyd Wright house, ate at a nice restaurant and took in some tiffany stained glass windows all within walking distance.

This was our first time in Buffalo and is was a lovely and relaxing weekend thanks to The Parkside house.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Parkside House. Chris was a wonderful host, very accommodating and gave great restaurant recommendations. We stayed three nights and had a different breakfast with fresh fruit each morning. The Swiss asparagus quiche was by far the best. The Woodward room is quite spacious, with king temperpedic mattress and separate sitting area with couch and loveseat. The entire house is tastefully decorated with historic details. This is not a frilly frou frou B&B, nice for us as we don't typically like excessive doilies. Only a few minor quibbles. The attached bath was installed in a former closet. It is nicely done, but wish they had extended one more foot into the room, it is awfully cramped. Also, the bathroom door doesn't latch closed, so you don't have a lot of privacy. Lastly, we enjoyed lovely breakfasts in the kitchen conversing with Chris, but he kept the TV running in the adjacent room the entire time all three mornings. Ambience killer for me, didn't bother my husband at all. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Buffalo.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The room was beautiful and the bathroom was amazing, especially the heated floor! Breakfast was served in the kitchen/family room so we got chance to spend more time with out hosts. Chris and John were very helpful with sugegstions on shopping, dining and attractions.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

For my Christmas present, the Lovely Marcia reserved an evening in the Woodward Room of Parkside House. After touring the Cubist exhibit at the Albright=Knox, we checked into an historic Victoria B&B in the Parside neighborhood of our hometown, Buffalo, NY. Greeted at the door by one of the Innkeepers, Chris, we entered a warm, comfortable living room with a grand piano and period furniture. Meticulously maintained, the woodwork shined, the furniture is as comfortable as it is inviting and the warmth of our welcome set us both at ease.
We were shown to our large two room-sized suite which featured, to quote my wife, "an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed", a seating area with a sofa and love seat, and a lovely small bath and shower. We invited Chris to sit and visit. Our conversation was enjoyable and covered a number of topics before he excused himself to attend to other business.
I defy any one to find a more pleasing Winter's cityscape than the one we enjoyed from our second floor bay windows. The late afternoon sun made the white snow glisten.
Following Chris' recommendation, we had dinner at the Fiamma Steak House. (Ten minute walk/90 second drive to the valet parking) I definitely recommend reservations on a Saturday. They had no tables available (period). So we enjoyed our meals at the bar where Rich, the barman, who was not only efficient but very pleasant company.
Upon returning to Parkside House, our hosts, Chris and Johnny, were have a small get-together. Graciously inviting us to join them, once again we encountered lively conversations about travel, real estate and finding common friends from our youth.
Marcia and I retired to our room at about 11 pm and fell into the proverbial winter's night nap.
I awoke at after 8-and-a-half hours in this beautifully appointed suite with the muted sunlight filtering into our room. I popped out to get coffee and Marcia joined me in the seating area for a quiet hour of reading from the delightful selection of archetectural and historical books in the room.
Fresh coffee introduced us the QuicheLorraine and fresh fruit breakfast once again accompanied by a conversation with Chris and Johnny (a working artist whose beautiful inspirations adorn the walls).
We checked out at after a visit to the inspiring St. Mark's Roman Catholic Church where my wife was a member of the parish and and attended school.
As we drove away, I thanked Marcia for a thoughtful Christmas gift and made the promise that we would do this again and again over the years.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple