“Beautiful, spacious room. Gracious host. Excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parkside House

Parkside House
Ranked #1 of 6 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Indiana
“Beautiful, spacious room. Gracious host. Excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Parkside House. Chris was a wonderful host, very accommodating and gave great restaurant recommendations. We stayed three nights and had a different breakfast with fresh fruit each morning. The Swiss asparagus quiche was by far the best. The Woodward room is quite spacious, with king temperpedic mattress and separate sitting area with couch and loveseat. The entire house is tastefully decorated with historic details. This is not a frilly frou frou B&B, nice for us as we don't typically like excessive doilies. Only a few minor quibbles. The attached bath was installed in a former closet. It is nicely done, but wish they had extended one more foot into the room, it is awfully cramped. Also, the bathroom door doesn't latch closed, so you don't have a lot of privacy. Lastly, we enjoyed lovely breakfasts in the kitchen conversing with Chris, but he kept the TV running in the adjacent room the entire time all three mornings. Ambience killer for me, didn't bother my husband at all. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Buffalo.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

The room was beautiful and the bathroom was amazing, especially the heated floor! Breakfast was served in the kitchen/family room so we got chance to spend more time with out hosts. Chris and John were very helpful with sugegstions on shopping, dining and attractions.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

For my Christmas present, the Lovely Marcia reserved an evening in the Woodward Room of Parkside House. After touring the Cubist exhibit at the Albright=Knox, we checked into an historic Victoria B&B in the Parside neighborhood of our hometown, Buffalo, NY. Greeted at the door by one of the Innkeepers, Chris, we entered a warm, comfortable living room with a grand piano and period furniture. Meticulously maintained, the woodwork shined, the furniture is as comfortable as it is inviting and the warmth of our welcome set us both at ease.
We were shown to our large two room-sized suite which featured, to quote my wife, "an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed", a seating area with a sofa and love seat, and a lovely small bath and shower. We invited Chris to sit and visit. Our conversation was enjoyable and covered a number of topics before he excused himself to attend to other business.
I defy any one to find a more pleasing Winter's cityscape than the one we enjoyed from our second floor bay windows. The late afternoon sun made the white snow glisten.
Following Chris' recommendation, we had dinner at the Fiamma Steak House. (Ten minute walk/90 second drive to the valet parking) I definitely recommend reservations on a Saturday. They had no tables available (period). So we enjoyed our meals at the bar where Rich, the barman, who was not only efficient but very pleasant company.
Upon returning to Parkside House, our hosts, Chris and Johnny, were have a small get-together. Graciously inviting us to join them, once again we encountered lively conversations about travel, real estate and finding common friends from our youth.
Marcia and I retired to our room at about 11 pm and fell into the proverbial winter's night nap.
I awoke at after 8-and-a-half hours in this beautifully appointed suite with the muted sunlight filtering into our room. I popped out to get coffee and Marcia joined me in the seating area for a quiet hour of reading from the delightful selection of archetectural and historical books in the room.
Fresh coffee introduced us the QuicheLorraine and fresh fruit breakfast once again accompanied by a conversation with Chris and Johnny (a working artist whose beautiful inspirations adorn the walls).
We checked out at after a visit to the inspiring St. Mark's Roman Catholic Church where my wife was a member of the parish and and attended school.
As we drove away, I thanked Marcia for a thoughtful Christmas gift and made the promise that we would do this again and again over the years.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Parkside House is a lovely restored century home in a beautiful area of lovely homes. Although we only stayed one night , we were treated to warm hospitality and an incredible breakfast! My husband and I enjoyed the smaller of the two rooms which was quiet, comfortable and clean. We also enjoyed a large ensuite with cozy heated floors and modern amenities. We especially liked the clean part as we don't like surprises when we travel. Their extensive knowledge of the surrounding area was also very helpful in adding to the enjoyment of our visit. Parkside House far exceeded our expectations and would definitely stay here again when we return to Buffalo! Many thanks to our wonderful hosts!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank _scolling50
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Parkside House was a great find for our stay in Buffalo. Everything was beautifully done from the comfortable room to the delicious breakfast. Because we love art and architecture Parkside House has a fantastic location - within walking distance to several homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and a short drive to the Albright Knox museum, shops, and restaurants. We are looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
danchited
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I spent two nights at the bigger room in Parkside House. We're from Tokyo and our purpose was to drop off our son who is studying at Canisius College.

We loved everything about the B & B but especially the breakfasts and also Chris and Johnny, the owners, who were so KIND!

We were the only guests there and we enjoyed delicious waffles topped with fruits that were prepared by Chris. (He told us that he was in the restaurant business for a long time before opening up the bed and breakfast). The second day, we had quiche (again, delicious!) prepared by Chris. As Chris had an early morning appointment, Johnny was the one who served us. The breakfasts, I found, were more "sophisticated" and "healthier" than what's served at an ordinary bed and breakfast.

The only thing I missed having was a hair dryer. Chris or Johnny, if you read this, please keep a hair dryer in the bathroom shelf for long-distance travelers like me!

And thank you again to the two of you for the wonderful time. Hope to see you at the Parkside on our next trip to Buffalo!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danchited
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Parkside. We stumbled upon this gem because the other 2 B&Bs wouldn't take a 1-day weekend reservation - their loss was our gain!

The ambiance is phenomenal, with the character of a house from the 19th century with all the modern conveniences. Chris told me he spent 12 years renovating his house and it shows. Having only recently opened as a B&B, he only has 2 rooms available but plans to expand in time. I stayed in the Jewett room which was spacious, tastefully decorated with an amazingly gorgeous master bath with both a huge shower and a club foot tub. The breakfast was ample with freshly cooked blueberry pancakes, bacon, juice, tea/coffee and fresh fruit (apple). I found the beds nice and comfortable. Our only gripe was the clock that sang every hour (possibly every 15 minutes) which kept one of up. I am usually the light sleeper, and it didn't bother me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple