“Great All Around Food & Experience!!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,052 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: http://www.meltingpot.com/userfiles/Store130/buffalo-dinner-042712.pdf
Niagara Falls, New York
“Great All Around Food & Experience!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is one of my girlfriend and I most favorite restaurants in the Buffalo/Niagara area. The food and experience is great and I have been back around here numerous times since my first trip to to this restaurant. Our last time here we did the 4 course menu which is definitely the way to go. You start with a cheese fondu of which you have plenty of choices and then this is followed by a salad of your choice. Then comes the main attraction which is the main course. You get to choose the broth you will be using. We went with a red wine and garlic broth which is one of our favorites by far. I decided to go for the "French Quarter" which is a Cajan inspired sausage and seafood, along with some choice cuts of sirloin. You also have a nice variety of dipping sauces which make it fun to try them all! After this you have the grand finale which of course is the chocolate fondu. For this one you have many options and we went with the turtle one which is chocolate and caramel with nuts. You have all kinds of stuff to dip in this including cheese cake, brownies, fresh fruit and marshmallows! The servers here are always nice and very respectful and I have never yet had a bad experience here. Also the manager usually comes by to make sure everyone one is having a good time. Overall this place is very well run and the food is exceptional! If it wasn't for the bill at the end of the meal I would be here all the time! Lol

• Visited September 2013
Jim M, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Timothy,

Thank you for the wonderfully detailed review! I am glad to hear we are one of your favorite restaurants in Buffalo. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to sign up for our email club, Club Fondue. We regularly send out coupons and promotions to our club members. I have included the link below. I hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,
Jim Materese
Owner

Ontario, Canada
“The Manager Saved The Experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was great. Can't complain about the atmosphere. Eating at The Melting pot is an interesting (different) experience. The problem was our server. Because you do your own cooking, explanations of the hows and whys was required and a bit of patience as the questions were asked. Unfortunately she seemed to become frustrated as we asked and it showed in her answers with the final words being "because it's done that way and it wouldn't be on the menu if if wasn't to be cooked that way." As we sat there, totally confused (and turned off) the manager stopped at our table to ask how things were. We explained the situation, and got answers to all our questions. Two more visits to our table just to make sure all was well left us with a warm fuzzy feeling that will now bring us back......someday

“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great time from beginning to end. We had reservations because we were a group of 6 and despite the long wknd, there was no issue seating us when we arrived. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, prices are fair, and have a good selection of foods options. Its a perfect restaurant for couples, families and friends. Definitely will be back!

Jim M, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Cher,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and I hope to see you again soon.

Jim Materese
Owner
Niagara Falls, New York
“Lovely evening, wonderful experience, AMAZING service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my first visit to a Melting Pot and it was truly wonderful. We had a party of 7 and used the on-line reservation system. Since my husband is hearing impaired, I put in a special request that we be seated somewhere not too loud as background noise can hurt his ability to enjoy conversations. Not only were they able to accommodate my request---they gave us a private seating area off to the side (we went on a weeknight, which helped). They called me at home to confirm before arrival---another PLUS. I was able to make sure we had good seating. Once we all arrived, they seated our party quickly and it was off to the races.

The staff was attentive, the food was marvelous, and we were able to enjoy a relaxing evening! None of us rushed to go home.

This is an experience that does require TIME--it's not a quick in and out dinner. From sit down until completion of the meal, we were there for four hours---mind you, it was a big party. And we weren't rushing--nor were we rushed--another plus! Price wise--it is not cheap--however, keep in mind your dinner (should you choose the four course) includes appetizer, salad, main entree, dessert. I had a surf and turf meal for $39---lobster and filet. Where else can you get a four course surf and turf dinner for $40?? There are less expensive options, too.

The staff is friendly and wonderful. The manager stopped by to check on us! It was so good, in fact, I woke up in the middle of the night worried my husband didn't tip enough! They are that good.

Today, I even received a call asking how our experience was---what can I say? AMAZING. Hope to be back soon!

Mississauga, Canada
“A new experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Good restaurant, it was a new Fondue experience for me. Good service, nice menu, not expensive but not cheap.
If you are not hungry, order one plate for two, should be good enough.
A little bit dark decoration, but good experience overall