“Unforgettable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,026 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: http://www.meltingpot.com/userfiles/Store130/buffalo-dinner-042712.pdf
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great time from beginning to end. We had reservations because we were a group of 6 and despite the long wknd, there was no issue seating us when we arrived. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, prices are fair, and have a good selection of foods options. Its a perfect restaurant for couples, families and friends. Definitely will be back!

Jim M, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Cher,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and I hope to see you again soon.

Jim Materese
Owner

Niagara Falls, New York
“Lovely evening, wonderful experience, AMAZING service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my first visit to a Melting Pot and it was truly wonderful. We had a party of 7 and used the on-line reservation system. Since my husband is hearing impaired, I put in a special request that we be seated somewhere not too loud as background noise can hurt his ability to enjoy conversations. Not only were they able to accommodate my request---they gave us a private seating area off to the side (we went on a weeknight, which helped). They called me at home to confirm before arrival---another PLUS. I was able to make sure we had good seating. Once we all arrived, they seated our party quickly and it was off to the races.

The staff was attentive, the food was marvelous, and we were able to enjoy a relaxing evening! None of us rushed to go home.

This is an experience that does require TIME--it's not a quick in and out dinner. From sit down until completion of the meal, we were there for four hours---mind you, it was a big party. And we weren't rushing--nor were we rushed--another plus! Price wise--it is not cheap--however, keep in mind your dinner (should you choose the four course) includes appetizer, salad, main entree, dessert. I had a surf and turf meal for $39---lobster and filet. Where else can you get a four course surf and turf dinner for $40?? There are less expensive options, too.

The staff is friendly and wonderful. The manager stopped by to check on us! It was so good, in fact, I woke up in the middle of the night worried my husband didn't tip enough! They are that good.

Today, I even received a call asking how our experience was---what can I say? AMAZING. Hope to be back soon!

Mississauga, Canada
“A new experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Good restaurant, it was a new Fondue experience for me. Good service, nice menu, not expensive but not cheap.
If you are not hungry, order one plate for two, should be good enough.
A little bit dark decoration, but good experience overall

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Tasty but they forgot about me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The whole reason I went to the melting pot was because all the reviews say its a great place to go on a holiday. I went for my birthday. I told the waiter countless times it was my birthday. I noticed other tables with desert plates with writing "happy birthday" . I was excited. I received nothing, except on the way out the waiter said "happy birthday" I got the 4 course meal and everything. I don't understand. I'm very disappointed as I would have liked my birthday to be acknowledged. I even read reviews saying they gave you a card, or even free champagne!! I don't recommend going here on your birthday as they just forget its even your birthday...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jim M, General Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I am very sorry that your birthday was not properly recognized. I certainly expect more from my staff. I feel awful that this happened to you and I'd like to make it up to you. Please contact me at 716-685-6358 or buffalomeltingpot@yahoo.com. It would be my pleasure to discuss your experience.

Best Wishes,
George K
London, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had an amazing anniversary experience at The Melting Pot. This restaurant is very unique and modern. The meals were delicious and we loved the idea of heating our own food with the hot pot/fondue at the centre of the table. This was very fun and different from other restaurants I have been to. The chocolate desert was my favourite part of the meal. Just delicious!The atmosphere was so pleasant, clean and professional. We have decided to go to the melting pot for our upcoming anniversary. Great Restaurant! Would recommend to others.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!