“A new experience”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,100 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: http://www.meltingpot.com/userfiles/Store130/buffalo-dinner-042712.pdf
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Good restaurant, it was a new Fondue experience for me. Good service, nice menu, not expensive but not cheap.
If you are not hungry, order one plate for two, should be good enough.
A little bit dark decoration, but good experience overall

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The whole reason I went to the melting pot was because all the reviews say its a great place to go on a holiday. I went for my birthday. I told the waiter countless times it was my birthday. I noticed other tables with desert plates with writing "happy birthday" . I was excited. I received nothing, except on the way out the waiter said "happy birthday" I got the 4 course meal and everything. I don't understand. I'm very disappointed as I would have liked my birthday to be acknowledged. I even read reviews saying they gave you a card, or even free champagne!! I don't recommend going here on your birthday as they just forget its even your birthday...

Jim M, General Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

I am very sorry that your birthday was not properly recognized. I certainly expect more from my staff. I feel awful that this happened to you and I'd like to make it up to you. Please contact me at 716-685-6358 or buffalomeltingpot@yahoo.com. It would be my pleasure to discuss your experience.

Best Wishes,
George K

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had an amazing anniversary experience at The Melting Pot. This restaurant is very unique and modern. The meals were delicious and we loved the idea of heating our own food with the hot pot/fondue at the centre of the table. This was very fun and different from other restaurants I have been to. The chocolate desert was my favourite part of the meal. Just delicious!The atmosphere was so pleasant, clean and professional. We have decided to go to the melting pot for our upcoming anniversary. Great Restaurant! Would recommend to others.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Melting Pot is a unique experience. You sit at a table with a fondue pot and heating element in the center of the table, and you get to choose from four courses; a cheese fondue (table has to agree), salads (individual), entree (individual, but the table has to agree on a cooking method) and a chocolate fondue (table has to agree). For the entree, each person is given a plate with bite-sized pieces of seasoned raw food--veggies, meat, or seafood--and using the fondue forks, you cook each bite in a broth of the table's choosing.

This made for a great date night! My boyfriend and I went, and the pacing allowed us to slow down our meal and actually talk to each other. Our service was great as well--very social and friendly. Cooking our own food was an entertaining way for us to engage with each other over delicious food, and slow down and really appreciate what we were tasting.

The second time we went, it was after a stressful day at work, which I'd mentioned to the host when he'd asked us the occasion. Near the end of the meal, we received complimentary champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries! That's great service and very thoughtful.

Dinner is very filling, but if you go for the full four-course experience (cheese fondue, salad, entree, chocolate fondue) it will run you about $40 per person. This is a pretty steep price, in my opinion, when you cook every bite of the entree yourself, and this is what lost The Melting Pot its perfect rating. If you still want a filling and fun experience, try just opting for the cheese and chocolate courses and save some money.

Dress is generally nice, but not formal, and the atmosphere is nice, modern, although not remarkable. I will go again, but can't afford to too often.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We found our meal was very expensive considering we had to do all the cooking ourselves. Our kids did not like the main course fondue - they found the broth too spicy. The chocolate dessert fondue was a bigger hit with the kids - I would consider returning with them just for dessert.