“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,030 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: http://www.meltingpot.com/userfiles/Store130/buffalo-dinner-042712.pdf
Oakville, Canada
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to the Melting Pot for our daughter's birthday on Friday night. What a great experience!
-efficient without making us feel rushed.
-very accommodating with alterations to the menu.
-great selection for all appetites.
-the food was fantastic!
-our server even did a little birthday dessert plate for our daughter and gave us a champagne toast....nice touch!

Nothing negative to say...thanks Melting Pot!

• Visited March 2013
Jim M, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad to hear your daughter had such a wonderful time for her birthday.

Cheers,

Toronto, Canada
“My favourite place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I love the melting pot! This location never disappoints - staff is great, friendly, personable and happy to help. The atmosphere is nice, quiet and relaxing. Food is always a treat. Much better then the Richmond Hill, On location - worth the drive to Buffalo.

I saw in some reviews comments that portions are small - I disagree. When you are doing cheese, meat and chocolate like their specials or set menu, it is more then enough. Any larger portions and I know I would be sick!

Excellent wine list, and great variety. Great place for a dinner or special occasion... Just wish I lived closer!

Jim M, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback Chantal! I appreciate you making the drive from Toronto to see us.

Woodstock, Canada
“Not worth the Money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have a few favourite places to eat in/around the Galleria. My friend and I both love fondue so we decided to give the Melting Pot a try last Saturday night. Not really impressed.
First off, my friend is a vegetarian...I am not. When we sat down and realized our table only had one burner/pot we wondered how that would work? Our concerns were confirmed when the waitress told us we'd have to decide on the same meal/cooking method. It was a bit late for a big heavy dinner anyhow so we decided to start with a cheese fondue and then maybe try a different kind after that. The waitress arrived with our cheddar fondue and we were immediately struck by how small the portion was...very little cheese and for dipping you get one small basket of bread cubes (not a bad size), a TINY ramekin container of almost diced veggies (including carrots..who dips carrots in cheese?) and an equally small container of apples. But, we thought...for $7.95 between the 2 of us...not a bad deal! We finished it quite quickly then sat for a long time waiting for our server to come back. Whole waiting we were looking at our menu..deciding what to get next when we realized the cheese fondue was actually $7.95 per person! Thought that must be wrong because of the size...think about it...a $16 appetizer? Asked the server who confirmed that yes, it was per person and she'd given us a double portion. Based on that...decided to skip getting more cheese and moved on to the chocolate. It was better..larger portion..more things to dip. Still didn't really seem worth $7.95 per person though!
Anyhow, we had been really excited to try this restaurant and were disappointed by both the food and the service. I'd recommend doing fondue at home instead.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank melmo1
Jim M, General Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I am very sorry that your most recent visit was a disappointing. It would be my pleasure to discuss your experience with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 716-685-6358 or buffalomeltingpot@yahoo.com.

Best Wishes,
George K
Kitchener, Canada
“A nice change from the norm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant. They cook your fondue at every table. We ate our dinner at the bar and had great conversation with the 2 bartenders. Loved the cheese and chocolate fondues. Would not recommend their salads - too small and overly expensive.

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“One of our favourite dining spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We've been to the Melting Pot in Buffalo numerous times and have never been disappointed. The service has always been superb and the food excellent.

On our most recent visit we went with the Four Course Classic deal ($38.50 per person). We started with the Boston Lager Cheddar Cheese Fondue from the current Big Night Out menu. A cheese fondue is definitely the way to start your dinner off and this version was excellent - the cheddar cheese makes for a thicker and richer fondue and the beer base gives it a nice flavour. You can't go wrong with the California Salad as your second course. It is light enough that it leaves room for the next two courses but has great flavour with the gorgonzola cheese and candied pecans.

Choosing an entree is difficult as they are all quite similar. It generally comes down to whether you like fish/seafood or not. The Four Course Classic comes with a set entree - sirloin, chicken, pork tenderloin and shrimp. It was one of the best entrees we've ordered and comes with a nice selection of sauces/dips.

Choosing a dessert is equally difficult. You definitely want to save room as the chocolate fondues are excellent. We ordered the Flaming Turtle which contains caramel and candied pecans. It was quite good but it was difficult at times to get the larger bits out of the fondue pot. Our favourite is The Original which contains crunchy peanut butter.

If you are going to have three or four courses make sure to leave yourself plenty of time. Cooking your own food means for a much longer dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
Jim M, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
John,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holidays!