“Very good Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was in the mood for Sushi last night, and decided to visit Seabar on Ellicott Street here in Buffalo. The menu has a wide variety of offerings, if you're looking for oriental type food. I had the Chicken and Shrimp Shu Mai as a starter, but couldn't decide on an entree. I wanted Sushi, so decided on their Tiger Eye. It's very good, excellent flavor, and large enough. But, the Volcano Noodles Salad sounded good too, so I decided to go for broke and have both. I knew I wouldn't finish my meal, but leftovers are always good. I wasn't disappointed in anything I ordered. The value based on meal vs price was good too. If you like Sushi, or are looking for good food, visit this place, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

There's nothing noteworthy about this restaurant. They have a vast menu and the food is good, but omg what is with the lights fading from one color to the next? Everyone at our table complained about that. Would go back but I think there are better sushi joints in Buffalo.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

If you are planning a stop at Sea Bar, consider going for lunch. Only at lunchtime, Sea Bar serves the BEST cheeseburger of all time. No joke. But only at lunch. In addition to great sushi and terrific lunch specials, try chef Mike A.'s twist on beef on weck roll. A taste sensation !! For dessert the tempura banana split is worth saving some room for! Always friendly service and great atmosphere !

It's a favorite!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My first time at Seabar a year ago I encountered a rude bartender. Exceptionally rude. I have since visited 4 times, and have only had perfect courteous service since. Their lunch specials have a lot of food at a good price (for high quality sushi), I recommend a reservation.

1  Thank birdybirdcars
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong. Raw oysters were perfect. Pickled cucumber salad perfect. Grilled octopus always great. Pork dumplings my new favorite. Great ambience. Waitstaff 100% on