“Food = perfect, but expensive.”
Review of Della Terra - CLOSED

Della Terra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Huron St
Description: Della Terra is a Northern Italian restaurant located in the new Avant building in downtown Buffalo.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Took about 30 minutes to receive our order. Meanwhile, no bread, nothing, while the table next to us received bread.

1  Thank taxsun

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Located off the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel, Della Terra occupies a very lovely room with double-high ceilings and huge windows looking out to the adjoining patio. They offer a variety of Italian favorites along with daily specials. The parmesan bucatini & meatballs was superb! They also offer a nice selection of reasonably-priced wines by the glass.

The maitre d' (Michael) was particularly courteous and professional.

1  Thank floridamember_7
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I gave this place a second chance after a previous bad experience and unfortunately it only got worse. It's always a bad sign when a place only has about 5 tables full at 7pm on a Thursday night and it soon became apparent why. The service was substandard, the food overpriced and the portions small. Quality of the food showed that the chef was second rate.
Now understand this restaurant will always have people in it because it;s in one of the prime hotels in downtown Buffalo (all the visiting pro sports teams stay here) but the people running the restaurant are really in over their head.
I live in Buffalo and want this place to make it. It has a nice outdoor patio. But that;s it. Stay away.

3  Thank kcrhino
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The service was great in this bright and smarly appointed downtown eatery situated in the lobby of one of Buffalo's most prestigious buildings: the Avant. The food, however, was less than one would expect for an Italian restaurant that should be trying harder to make its mark among the top eateries in the Queen's City. For lunch I had a simple caesar salad topped by grilled chicken. The portion was quite substantial but the chicken tasted dry to the point where I might have suspected it had been left on the grill over night.

Whenever I have a less than an exemplary experience in the food category (if the service is great and in this case it was), I presume perhaps the Kitchen is having an off night. Let's hope they wherejust having an off night. I would try them again and hope that they hit it out of the park the way I think they want to or need to in this highly competitive restaurant town.

1  Thank BrendanCunningham
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Had a Groupon for this place so we decided to go during the week. I didn't realize this was the hotel restaurant till I got there but the food and service didn't seem like typical hotel food.

The atmosphere was quiet in the dinning area, the bar area was still pretty quiet (for a bar) but had some TV's on. The dress was mixed. Some were wearing sport coats or a dress while others were wearing nice jeans and a button up shirt. All was acceptable.

Our waitress was very helpful and was very personal with us. She knew what was good and just was very friendly.

I thought the food and wine was amazing, we had the duck and fillet mignon. The only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars was because the fillet was a little too rare for a medium rare steak. Our waitress asked us several times if she should take it back but we decided not to fearing it would then be over cooked.

This is a restaurant that's worth stopping at if your in Buffalo!

1  Thank KipsterED