“Embassy Suites”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Stevensville Ontario, Canada
“Embassy Suites”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Embassy Sutes in down town Buffalo is an excellant place to stay. All the staff and attendants are friendly, kind and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was great as were the chefs. They make amazing omellets. The hotel was very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Too Expensive (double the normal rate) for the experience. The location was best for the attraction but the dining, parking and room value was not up to previous Embassy Suites experiences. There were too many families on one floor and there was no supervision on each floor.

Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2014

On the plus side, the shuttle driver who picked me up at the airport actually called me to say he was delayed by an accident, but would be there as soon as he could. I appreciated the call.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the hotel all that business friendly. When I checked in, neither of my room keys worked. I went to the closest house phone on the same floor and asked them to bring up some keys that worked. The operator explained that I needed to go back to the front desk and they would replace the key (despite her being "at my service"). I know how to get a replacement key. I stay 80 plus nights in hotels. As a elite Hilton member, I wanted them to bring me a room key. They would not.

Additionally, I asked at the valet if they could drive me to my client, which was less than 1/2 mile away. Despite there being 4 valets standing around and a shuttle van that was available, they would not do that to me.

Also, when I left the hotel on a Friday at 4:20 I asked to be shuttled to the airport. I was informed that the shuttle only ran once an hour. Once an hour on a Friday afternoon to get to the airport? That is ridiculous. How about every half hour at a minimum, or on demand. That is what I as a business traveler expect.

Finally, and this is a small item, how can they NOT have buffalo wings on the room service menu. It is Buffalo after all.

I'll look for another hotel when I return to Buffalo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street. There were several noisy motorcycles running up and down...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank screenname000
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We spent four nights at the Embassy Suites Buffalo. Each member of the staff was pleasant, and seemed to sincerely care about the service they delivered. One of our group has a severe food allergy, and the breakfast chefs were happy to accommodate him each morning.

The suites have plenty of room. We had our children on a sleeper sofa a roll-away bed, while we stayed in the bedroom. There was still plenty of free room in the suite.

The hotel is an easy 20 minute drive to Niagara Falls (worth the trip). It is about 1.5 miles from the First Niagara arena. We went to a concert one night. Many restaurants are either waking distance or a 10 minute drive away.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Staying only over night for a concert, we've been to Embassy Suites elsewhere and were just as pleased. The evening's free cocktail time is a nice touch with a pleasant server. The room was large & bathroom more than spacious and were accommodated with great water & city views (requested ahead of time). Room was clean & decor neutral & modern. I have to admit that the bathroom wallpaper's a bit tacky but clean is what I look for. Pool & spa area large, quiet & clean water, however, the floor area was saturated with slippery water and stray hairs everywhere and we were the only people in there for quite some time (around 6/7pm). Also, housekeeping knocked at the door at 9am asking when we were leaving so she could get in to clean. I thought this was unusual and a little pushy for this scale hotel. Valet was worth the convenience (we've paid way more in larger cities for valet). Overall, the size, cleanliness of the room, and the view made for a great night and with AAA discount, a great price.

Stayed July 2014
United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Highly recommend the Embassy Suites chain and this hotel in particular. The rooms, pool, and especially the staff were outstanding. The daily breakfast was also really good as was the evening reception. We have stayed with Embassy suites before and look forward to our next stay. More so called "premium" brands should watch out. They charge more for smaller rooms and nickle and dime guests for wi-fi, gym, pool, breakfast, etc. And the quality of those hotels is not substantially better and in some cases is worse.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stay was ok, a little pricy and pretty much mandatory valet unless you try to find parking in hard to find area's. A lot of construction was going on at the time as well. Breakfast was rubbery and hard and elevator was difficult to work if key card was not slid properly, had wait for the light to blink twice just to get elevator to move. Understand safety and reason behind key start but electronics can go haywire and dysfunction,