Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Hotels.com
$119
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
$135
$161
$151
Agoda.com
1,382 results
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order omeletsomelette stationvalet parkinghummuscomplimentary breakfastcorner suiterooms are hugefloor to ceiling windowsvalet staffwhirlpool tubniagara fallsper dayliving areacity hallwonderful hoteli highly recommend this hotel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great corner room with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. Fantastic view of the downtown area with the full windows throughout the room suite. Complementary breakfast started breaking down and taking food away before the 9:30 close time. No bacon or sausage available and limited supply of eggs 20 minutes before 9:30 close time.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was traveling with my spouse and asked to be moved to a room with a king bed. We confirmed that we wanted to be moved 3 times in the course of a Sunday morning and we were told that after the rooms were cleaned we could switch. When we returned from sight seeing, and asked if our room with a king bed was ready, we were told that because our room had already been cleaned we would not be allowed to switch rooms. And no alternative was offered for the following day or our 5-night stay. Of the two double beds in our room, one was extremely uncomfortable and we could not sleep on it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and I am an event planner who travels a lot and stays at high end hotels for work. The hotel is new, clean and a great facility.

General facilities: The front desk area is just inside the door, easy to find and the front desk staff was super friendly and welcoming. There is an indoor lap pool, gym, and a spa but not an overpriced spa, a nice day to day spa where you can go for nails, hair, etc. The hallways are large and have cozy couches near the windows on each floor. I didn’t get to see their meeting room space but there seem to be plenty of it on the 2nd floor.

The Bar/Restaurant: The bar is very nice and big with plenty of seating. While I didn’t eat at the restaurant it is also large and looked very nice and I had a friend local in Buffalo tell me they do many business lunches there. Also, if you are a Hilton Honor’s member you earn extra points for money spent in the restaurant.

Evening reception: For Hilton Honor’s members you get to enjoy a private happy hour (in a room directly connected to the restaurant/bar area) that includes snacks (pretzels and mustard, carrots and ranch, chips and salsa, veggies and hummus) as well as draft beer, well drinks and wine for an hour each evening for free. I wasn’t interested in the well drinks so I sat at the bar with some friends and was able to go into the private room to grab some snacks and bring them back to the bar, so that was lovely.

Complementary breakfast: This is held in the private room also and can I just say I was blown away at how amazing the breakfast was and all for free! There is not only a huge buffet of food (eggs, bacon, sweet rolls, fruit, cereal and milk, french toast, potatoes and so much more that I am forgetting) but there is a chef onsite for cook to order omelets. You pick your ingredients (ham, bacon, spinach, onions, and so much more) he sautés them, adds the egg and cheese, seamlessly flips it to perfection and then hands it over to you. He would work on 3 to 4 at a time and they were SO delicious!

The Hotel Room: Being an Embassy Suites I believe all rooms have a living room area and separate sleeping area, however, this was one of the largest hotel rooms I’ve stayed in. The living room area was as large as a living room in a home, with pull out couch, desk space and TV. The sleeping area was also very large. I had a room with 2 queen beds and had a friend stay with me and I never once felt like we were on top of each other. The bathroom is also a very nice size.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in a King Executive Whirlpool Suite. Overall, I was impressed with this hotel and our room. I must say however that the online pictures of this suite are very deceptive. Although the caption for the pictures reads that they are of the King executive suite, they are in fact of a corner unit, which costs more and is much larger than the non-corner units. Just be aware of this when you are looking at the pictures. That being said our room (although not a corner suite) was still large and had beautiful views! The bathroom was very clean and the whirlpool tub was fabulous!

The rest of our suite was nice, however our experience with housekeeping was not good. When we arrived the couch was not clean at all. Crumbs and food stains all over the cushions. The TV and dresser had a visible thick layer of dust as well. I didn't complain because the bathroom was very clean, which was what mattered most to me.

After spending our first night, we left bright and early to visit the falls. When we returned at 6:30 PM our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk, as we needed towels etc. I was asked if we had left the "do not disturb" sign on our door. No, we didn't, but thanks for asking. He said he would send someone up with towels, etc. Almost immediately we received the towels. A short while later there was a knock at our door. It was the housekeeper with her cart saying she needed to clean our room. She said she still had 2 more rooms to do on our floor. This was at 6:45 in the evening! I told her that we didn't need it done. The front desk had already provided us with what we needed. It was very clear at this point that the front desk had no idea that housekeeping was still making it's rounds at this late time.

The following day, when we returned to our room about the same time, it had been cleaned, however the thick layer of dust still remained in the living room.

Our experience at the evening manager's reception was great!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the bartender. He was so friendly and quick to fill drinks. The best experience we have ever had at any Embassy Suites.

Breakfast was good. Plenty of seating and the chefs at the omelet station were great at handling the crowd.

Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel. The only thing lacking is really the housekeeping services. Since our bathroom was always sparkling clean, I can't complain too much. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King Executive Whirlpool Suite is very nice! Be aware that unless you pay for a corner unit it will not be as big as the suite shown in the online pictures.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

From the moment we checked-in, we had attitude from the front desk. Once in the room, we had to call housekeeping to vacuum the previous guests hair off the floor, bed covers and bathroom floor. Stains also on the bed covers. Lobby was always dirty and a mess. And the managers acted like they cared but never did anything to make the situations better.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Terence J, Assistant General Manager / HR Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Ms. Shawnta,

In behalf of the management and staff of our hotel, I would like to extend a sincere apology for the poor cleanliness and service you encountered while staying with us. Unfortunately, on many levels we failed you. You mentioned in your comments that management failed you as well. Who did you speak with and what was promised to you? I would appreciate more feedback from you because if you look at the majority of our tripadvisor reviews, we pride ourselves on exceeding guests expectations. And if we drop the ball, and make a fumble, it is my responsibility to take ownership, accept responsibility, and take corrective action to not repeat the same mistake again and score a touchdown for the entire team. We would like to score a touchdown and win back your trust and loyalty. So, please feel free and candid if need be in your response. Your patronage is so very important to the success of our hotel that I am poised to refund one night room and tax to you and in addtion send you a complimentary overnight certificate to come back and give us another chance to make a good impression. Please contact me via phone or email which is provided below. Until I await your response, I remain respectfully

Terence James, CHA