“Our new go to hotel in Buffalo.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% +Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Buffalo
Cleveland, OH
“Our new go to hotel in Buffalo.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I come to Buffalo for Sabres games and usually stay at another hotel downtown. This trip we booked the Embassy as the price was the lowest we have seen it. The size of our room was great. Barbara K was a wealth of knowledge. Told her we were looking for live music and great food. She suggested, and made reservations for us, to one of the best dining experiences we have had in Buffalo. Gave us a lot of other information for our next trip back.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank angelatg24

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were in town to go to a Sabres game and decided on this hotel for the location. So glad we did as it was a quick cab ride to the First Niagara Centre. (too cold to walk) All the staff we encountered were very friendly. The suites are very well appoined. There is a breakfast included also. We would definately stay here again.

1 Thank dorismct
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you don't stay at the Embassy Suites the next time you're in Buffalo, then you are missing out on a great experience! The hotel has everything you need, and more! Great staff, the room was spacious and clean, free breakfast every morning, the Manager's reception in the evening, and you're close to where the action is in Buffalo.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently checked into the Embassy Suites on a Saturday in the middle of February. After checking-in and finding the room was much smaller than I had been led to believe, I inquired as to whether or not I could be moved to a larger room. I was told politely by the front desk that the hotel was at full capacity and nothing could be done. This is all well and good, nothing could be helped about the size of the room. So, I proceeded to the front desk to check out so that I could find a hotel with a bigger room available. When I checked out, the manager on duty told me that everything would be taken care of and that I wouldn't be charged. "Great!" I thought to my self. I was utterly impressed with the service and would gladly have returned. Sadly, this is the last time I had anything positive to say about the Embassy Suites in Buffalo. The next morning, I awoke to find a $200 charge had been levied on my bank account. I called the hotel, presuming it must have been some sort of mistake. Nobody on duty could give me a proper explanation as to what had happened. I was told to wait for a call-back later in the day. Many hours later, a front desk employee called me and explained that I had been charged a reconditioning fee as the cleaning staff went upstairs to check the room and claimed to have smelled smoke. To begin, it is in --incredibly-- poor taste of the management to force a front desk employee to call me back. He had nothing to do with the situation and was clearly upset that he had to call me and relay this information. Regrettably, I was less than kind to him on the phone. I feel terrible about the situation he was placed in, and management truly ought to be ashamed of themselves. I asked to speak to a manager and the gentleman I spoke with informed me that none were available. So, I called back a few hours later(they did not call me) and spoke to the manager on duty. He informed me that the cleaning staff claimed they smelled marijuana smoke in the room and that nothing could be done about the charge. I was reeling from what I had been told. First and foremost (and the cameras will attest to this), I was wearing my finest suit. I had recently arrived from a conference with nothing but a briefcase. To suggest that I went upstairs, smoked marijuana in my suit for fifteen minutes and then came downstairs to check out is completely ludicrous to the point of being offensive. I have no doubt that they are doing this because I am twenty-four years old and they believe that I will just shrug this charge off. This is most certainly not the case. Every time that I spoke with management they insisted that I wait for an e-mail. At no point did I speak with the manager who checked me in and out on the day of the supposed incident. Every time I spoke with a man who was, in no uncertain terms, extremely condescending and borderline aggressive. I am totally disgusted with the way Embassy Suites has handled the situation. To this day, all I have received is a petty e-mail claiming that multiple staff members smelled marijuana. I have demanded that they produce any sort of proof. Oxygen levels, smoke detector tampering, ash, etc. They ignore these requests because they know there is no proof. They are sticking me with a charge that is baseless and completely fabricated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
10 Thank RealEstateProf60763
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We usually stay at the Hyatt Regency down the block. When that was sold out, we decided to give the Embassy Suites a try. Boy are we glad we did! For the same price we got a huge King suite rather than a standard sized room. The hotel is newer and more modern, the staff was very attentive, and our overall experience wonderful. Looks like the Hyatt lost a regular customer and Embassy Suites gained one.

OSHAWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buffalo for a night over the Family Day long weekend . We were in town to catch the Sabres vs. Penguins hockey game.
The hotel is right downtown Buffalo . It was to cold to walk around downtown that day but this hotel is located right in the district of various restaurants, jazz clubs and small shops and art galleries.
The hotel itself is a very nice and clean facility with up to date decor .We were welcomed by the staff who vale parked our car and helped us up to our room with all our bags. We found the staff very friendly and willing to help.
Our room was very clean , large and bright. It was a great value for the price as it included a Manager's welcome reception with snacks and drinks and a plentiful breakfast the next morning.
There is a restaurant and a bar downstairs next to the lobby and a fantastic pool that we spend a lot of our time in.
We had a great time and will definitely go back and stay at the Embassy Suites Buffalo, NY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stopped at the Embassy Suites in Buffalo for a night on our way home from New England. I stayed there with my husband and 2 of our 3 teenage sons. The hotel was really comfortable, clean and accommodating. The hotel itself, and our assigned room, were surprisingly and refreshingly spacious. I can't recall the last time we stayed somewhere where the rooms and the hallways were huge. The kids loved the pool and hot tub and, as usual for an Embassy Suites, the breakfast options were great. I would highly recommend staying here if you find yourself in Buffalo. My only suggestion is to book directly through the hotel's website (still refundable up to 4:00 day of arrival) as it was cheaper than the price they quoted (and couldn't match) over the phone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family