“Just about Perfect”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

No hotel will get rated as perfect by me, unless it was fantastic AND free!

But this stay was definitely a great one. To start with, I believe all of the rooms were suites. This means that on top of your bedroom (which itself is the size of a small hotel room), you get another decent sized living room area. There was a couch, chair, footstool, work table, fridge, sink, and more! Both the living room and bedroom had nice sized flat screens. The bathroom was huge. Even the shower head was probably 7' up for you tall folks.

The room was nearly spotless (I did see one small stain on the footstool). The beds were comfortable and the pillows were fluffy, not flat like you find in some hotels.

We enjoyed exclusive use of the swimming pool and hot tub, as no other guests were using them at the time. The same would have been true for the extensive workout room, if we actually had felt like exercising.

Our stay included a happy hour with free drinks and appetizers. Unfortunately we had dinner plans so we had to pass on that. But the complimentary breakfast was very nice! There was even an omelet station where a chef would prepare your made to order omelet. The only negative I could give it was the lack of bacon or sausage. That being said, there were plenty of other choices, so it wasn't that much of a negative.

One thing to be aware of: Parking. You can park on the street (if you find a spot) or they have valet parking for $15. There is no self park lot.

Overall I would say this is a great place to stay. If the prices fit your budget (they are not cheap, but also they are not too expensive), than I would highly recommend this place. We usually stay at the Harbor Suites across the street, but we happened to get a special deal on this place and we are happy we took it. It was as good as, or better than, the Harbor Suites (which I also have highly recommended). You cannot go wrong with either place.

Room Tip: The Swimming Pool, Workout Room, and meeting rooms are on the 2nd floor. Don't forget your room...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My only complaint is that when we went out during the afternoon, for quite a few hours, got back around 5 p.m. and our room hadn't been cleaned nor was our bed made. We called the front desk, and someone eventually came, which was inconvenient, and we had to hold off relaxing while our room was being cleaned. Otherwise, I'd give this 5 stars. Plus we did an online reservation, with a large deposit (about $114), and that was not applied to our bill, and my husband phoned to get it put back on his credit card, and they complied, but two days later it is still not back on his account. If he hadn't caught this once we got home, it would have been a loss. He's going to have to phone them again, because like I said, the $$ isn't back on his account.
Well, we did pay for what we got, a spacious beautiful suite, maybe the best in the house, with lots of windows overlooking the lake. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. There's a very relaxed atmosphere in this hotel. The valet parking was also great. The rooms were quiet (I usually hate hotels, but I loved this) I didn't make it in the pool which I was looking forward to, (heated pool) because there was some cheerleading competition in Buffalo that weekend and the hotel was packed with kid overload using the pool, but I did use the exercise room, much appreciated. The bathtub in the room was so large with lots of great hot water and jacuzzi, I didn't need to use the hot tub by the pool. The rooms were clean and equipped with fridge/microwave/little counter and sink in the sitting room, very convenient. The omelet bar was incredible. The chef was so nice, and made one of the best omelets I ever ate. The rest of the breakfast buffet was very good, with toast your own bagels/English muffins/toast. The oatmeal was better than I can make myself, lots of fresh fruit, cereal, etc. This was included in the price of the room, which was great, and so was the happy hour with free (but limited) cocktails, wine, beer and decent snacks. The breakfast buffet closed at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday and 9:30 a.m. on Monday, so you couldn't sleep in and have breakfast, one or the other. We came a little late on Monday because we had an early morning appointment, and they were cleaning up, but the chef was so nice he made us an omelet a little after 9:30 a.m. The decor was a bit much, but the hotel/rooms were clean, which is more important than the decor. We dined in the hotel restaurant which was a bit pricey, but excellent. We got so much food, we took it home and had another meal out of it. All in all I would definitely stay here again, we even contemplated staying one more day just to relax, but I had to get home to my pets. Downtown Buffalo has really cleaned up and it was very pleasant being there, even in the dead of winter.

Room Tip: Ask for one with windows in both rooms (bedroom and sitting room), and facing the lake. Order the d...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Happy D
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently travelled with a group of girls for a weekend away and we stayed in a two bedroom suite. The suite was a great size and fit 6 of us comfortably. (Two Queen size beds and a pull out sofa bed) Along with the spacious and clean room the hotel offered complimentary breakfast and valet parking. The best part about the hotel was the staff; it's obvious the staff values their customers and goes out of their way to provide excellent service.
My only complaint was that there were tons of kids running up and down the halls at all hours of the day and the pool area ran out of towels both times we went down to the pool.
This hotel was walking distance to most of Buffalo's downtown clubs and bars, and a short drive to our favourite outlet mall and Walden Galleria mall.
I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hockey_Mom74
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great place to stay! Close to the night life and theater district. Great evening reception and very good breakfast. Love the variety that you can have in the morning.. Staff very friendly and accomodating. Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 4th floor. You get a great view of down town.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Large clean comfortable room with a great view. Staff was very efficient and helpful. A short walk to City Hall, the Federal courthouse and McKinley Memorial. Complimentary cocktail hour and breakfast were a plus.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2013

For those of you travelling to see the Niagara falls, this is a nice place to stay in. Well decorated hotel, clean rooms and plenty of space and comfortable beds. There is also Valet parking. All good for a family to stay together if needed. We got there after a busy day and it was so welcoming. Would sure go there again. Not cheap though. Complimentary breakfast was a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a girls night away. We really enjoyed the managers reception and complimentary breakfast. Great workout area but too many kids in the pool and we were tying to get away from our kids! :) Not the hotels fault. This is located in a very lively part of downtown Buffalo so there are several restaurants and bars within walking distance if your in for that type of thing. Also there is free ice skating within a 3 block walk so you can enjoy outdoor activities too. Close enough to the above ground train area to walk and get to First Niagara Center as well as the Theater District.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends