“At least it is shiny and new”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The hotel was clean, shiny and new. Other than that, it is disappointing. The breakfast was the worst of several embassy suites I have stayed at. The service was terrible. At check in I was assigned a room and stopped at the elevator a minute later to change the room assignment. This new room was already occupied, and the occupants were quite surprised to see me enter on them. The third room I was assigned was empty, and fine. The service never improved over my 3 night stay, but the breakfasts remained lousy.
I would consider straying again as my rate was very affordable, but I will look into other options first.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Hotel staff was helpful and efficient. Our suite was recently renovated - bed was very comfortable, room and bathroom was clean and spacious. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I just spent the weekend in Buffalo and stayed at the Embassy Suites. Although it was a bit more expensive than we hoped, the service was excellent and I would definitely stay here again. We used the free airport shuttle service and only had to wait about 20 minutes to be picked up. The hotel and rooms were in excellent condition, fantastic king suite, complimentary breakfast with omelette station as well as other options. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful and offered plenty of dining options within walking distance. The hotel was nicely located within easy walking distance of the waterfront, restaurants and clubs.

1  Thank kkc904
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I always stay by the airport when in Buffalo but this time I figured I'd stay downtown and see how it is. Great surprise!

The Embassy Suites is an awesome hotel. I loved it. It could be because I booked a nice room: Executive King Suite with Whirlpool. I say totalyl worth it. The room was beautifully decorated with modern edgy colours, wet bar, 3 person couch, nice desk, 42in LCD TV in the living room, 37in LCD in the bedroom, huge bathroom with whirlpool tub and 6 jets, huge master bedroom with a super comfy bed, floor to ceiling windows... if it had a kitchen I might have moved in. Very impressed.

Bed bug test -->Clean! No sign of life at all.

The hotel charges $10/Night for valet which is pretty reasonable. There is plenty to do and eat around the hotel including a Starbucks, dessert place called The Chocolate Box (or something like that) and a lot of clubs and bars on Chippewa street if you are into that type of thing. Also, the World Famouse Anchor Bar is pretty close as well.

I was ok with breakfast but my fiancee was not. They offer buffet style breakfast which includes bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, muffins, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice (etc) and the cook to order station which is only custom omlettes.

Only complaint were the jerks staying next to us who were super loud and had a party of probably 20 people in their room making noise... even in the morning. Then when they started banging on my door I almost lost it and wanted to break a beer bottle over their heads.... but I didn't. Decided it wasn't a good idea.

2  Thank D67
Reviewed June 12, 2011

this is a new Embassy Suites and the room was well appointed and clean. As others mention rooms spacious but bathroom on small side (and no sink outside bathroom). We stay at Embassy Suites all the time and love the concept of made to order breakfasts and managers reception. My only complaint is that there were no servers to get juice/coffees etc. and there was no choice of bacon/sausages/fried eggs etc. as I have grown accustomed to. Really the selection of food was no better than a Best Western....oh well...rest of stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We were using this as a halfway point to rest on a long road trip using our hilton points and we were very happy with our stay here! The hotel seemed very new and was clean and comfortable. I like to stay at Embassy Suites in general because they are always clean and have free hot breakfasts and this one did not disappoint. We ate at Laughlins which isn't too far away and really enjoyed that meal. One thing is that the design of the bathroom was kinda strange. The bright light and the wall paper in our room was very shocking to the eyes when you first wake up, haha. If I am ever back in Buffalo I will be staying here!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We were fortunate that we selected the Embassy Suites in Buffalo to spend the last night of our vacation to Canada. My husband and I were given a king suite on the eighth floor which was brand new and beautifully furnished. Although we didn't get the lake view, the city view was pleasant, the rooms were spacious, and the bed was heaven. The hotel was very quiet, so we got a good night's sleep before our flight home. We also enjoyed dinner in the attractive hotel restaurant with an attentive waiter. The included breakfast was better than many of the standard hotel buffets we have sampled. An omelet chef cooked to order. The valet parking charge was reasonable at $10.00 per night.
This Embassy Suites was elegant and a cut above most. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get the newly added 8th floor.