“Excellent hockey hotel”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
St. John's, Canada
“Excellent hockey hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Travelled to Buffalo to see two NHL hockey games and stayed here.

The hotel was great. As with most Embassy Suites, the full hot, cooked to order breakfasts were a highlight. As well, the manager's reception is a hit.

The room was expansive. The hotel was generally quiet. Staff were pleasant, friendly and accommodating.

Added bonus: the visiting NHL hockey teams stayed at the same hotel, so autographs and photos were relatively easy to come by.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hurls55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Toronto
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My rating here is 4 stars because it is an Embassy Suites, rather than a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton. However, for an Embassy Suites, the lobby was nice, breakfast was very complete, valet was timely (and only $10 for in/out), and the service was fantastic. A decent hotel bar with live entertainment at night. Some serious value here with the free wireless and breakfast which included made-to-order omelettes.

Every employee walking by greeted me. As I walked by the front desk, the employees actually greeted me by name. Even the valets said good morning. Granted I had booked 4 rooms, and booked the executive board room for 2 days, but I've done this at "better" establishments and not had the same level of service. Our board room was delivered on-time, clean, and stocked. Amanda came to check on us periodically to make sure we had everything we needed. We ordered food to the room and she made sure it was delivered on time, and that it was cleaned during our breaks.

Rooms had a fridge, microwave, sitting area with TV, and bedroom with TV typical of a suites hotel. The check-in and check-out process was simple.

Very happy overall with this experience, and if I'm organizing another meeting in Buffalo, I'm definitely going to come back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JnAfromYYZ
Toronto, ON
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Very Clean, New, Spacious and Comfortable Rooms. Breakfast is Great!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank djnToronto_ON
West Newbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Excellent all around stay - nice hotel, great hotel, great location, great amenties. One problem: Valet.
Valet Parking was required. Generally, the service by the valets was very good and responsive. Unfortunately, on my check out day I had to wait 1/2 hour to get my car. I was also told that one of the cars brought up was mine, so I headed out into the very windy cold (below zero) to get the car but it wasn't mine (hard to tell with rentals), so I had to head back in and wait another 10 minutes. I was 10 minutes late for my business appointment despite giving myself plenty of time that morning. Frustrating.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Upstate NY
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites for 3 weeks for business in Buffalo. I was always greeted with a welcoming smile,,either when checking in or coming downstairs for breakfast. The staff is just very friendly and accommadating.
The valet parking is very nice and the guys working the booth are always very friendly. The nice thing is I think the garage is heated. When my car is brought up in the morning it was always warm, and in Buffalo that is very important. With the wind I believe the average temperature was -20.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning is very nice. With an omelet station, hot buffet, cold cereal and oatmeal. The staff was very friendly every morning making the start of the day enjoyable (especially the omelet guy)!
The front desk staff was always going out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. I was pleasantly surprised with a birthday gift to my room from Tracy. I had mentioned at check in that I was spending my birthday away from home. That night I walked into my room and there was a bucket with champagne, two desserts and a lovely birthday card...It made my entire night..so above and beyond.
There is also a managers reception every night with complimentary cocktails and appetizers. I thought this would include beer and wine, but it also included well drinks which was a very nice touch. Michael C and Ashley were great working there.
So Buffalo is very very cold and once you get back to the hotel you do not want to travel back outside for dinner. The choices are a sit down restaurant or bar area. Most nights me and my colleagues ate at the bar. Both menus (bar and restaurant) were available and the choices were of a wide variety..Anywhere from an $8 sandwich to $34 filet mignon. I did not have a bad meal while at the hotel.
I had one problem the entire stay. I came back to my room after a long work day and noticed my duvet cover had been changed..to a dirty one! I immediatley called down to the front desk and a member of housekeeping can right up to change it. He mentioned it to the manager the next morning and I was given a gift certificate to the restaurant for my trouble. Again above and beyond. Other than that one problem my suite was very nice and welcoming.
I have stayed at a few hotels in Buffalo , but the Embassy Suites will always be my #1 choice. The only problem is I think it is alot of travellers choice as well, as it books up pretty quick.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Originally put me in a room right next to the pool but was quickly moved upon request. Not sure when this place was built, but it appeared to be brand new. Very clean, very nice, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Myself and 3 friends stayed here. Overall the room was very spacious and very clean and the breakfast was nice the next morning.

Upon check-in we requested a roll away so that we could have a 4th bed. We quickly dropped our bags off then left for the evening. By the time we got back around 1 am, there was no roll away. I tried to call the front desk...No one picked up after 2 minutes of ringing. When I went downstairs, there were 4 staff members standing around the front desk. I then relayed the story and they said a roll away would be sent right up. We did not get it until 2:15 and 2 calls later.

Overall the room was great though, and the location was nice. Very close to much nightlife, and about a 10 minute walk from Allentown which has a great grouping of bars and restaurants. Keep in mind at this hotel there is a $10 per night parking fee.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends