“Love it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Ranked #455 of 1,026 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Buffalo, New York
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting wasabi consistently for over 10 years and each time it is amazing. I love when summer arrives and we can enjoy the sushi on the patio. It is authentic and prepared beautifully. Take it from a local, eat here!

1 Thank Jamie F

Buffalo, New York
“Great to eat in or takeout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Best sushi in buffalo. The atmosphere inside at the bar or outside on the patio is amazing. Everything is fresh and high quality. I have never had a bad meal or bad service.

Oakfield, New York
“Dinner at Wasabi was Not So Hot”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife & I selected this restaurant after walking along Elmwood Ave. and passing over several good options. We love sushi and thought this would be a good choice. The dining room was tiny & crowded and the decor left much to be desired. We order an appetizer (Haru Maki) and two bowls of the Seafood Hot & Sour soup. Both of these were delicious. Our entree -- one of the specials of the day -- was unappealing to look at and eat. The spicy tuna was mushy and definitely not spicy. When our waitress saw us scraping the tuna mush off, she asked about our meal. I stated it was fair. Her response was to say thank you & walk away. I guess she didn't really care if we like it or not. I hope for their sake, this was a fluke. Otherwise, others diners like me will be a "once & done" deal. Sorry, Wasabi... you weren't so hot today.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patrick W
“Good sushi, good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Nice atmosphere. Good value, interesting creative sushi.

Buffalo, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service trumps the rest. Sorry!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

I've been to Wasabi (on Elmwood) about five times now and each time the service has been poor. While the quality of food is alright, the servers do their best to make you feel unwanted. Orders are taken as if you're in the middle of a lunch rush at a commuter cafeteria, not a sushi restaurant.

My last visit to Wasabi will certainly be my last. Upon arrival, my girlfriend and I were told "we close in thirty minutes" Such hospitality! While we did arrive at 10:30, and the sign on the door says they close at 11 o'clock, this is unacceptable. In the restaurant business, closing time is when you stop seating, not when you start kicking people out. We were starving though, and sat down to a nice table.

Our server was more impatient than usual. Our miso soup came cold. I'd like to say lukewarm, but this soup was actually cold. The tempura was cold also cold and was hard and chewy. Another server was sitting in the table next to ours, laughing loudly on her cell phone. We left feeling insulted, and I've never been very easily insulted.

The people who work at Wasabi made it abundantly clear that they are not interested in staying in the restaurant business. Of course, I will never return to this restaurant.

1 Thank BuffaloCritic