“HISTORIC HOTEL”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Augusta, Georgia
“HISTORIC HOTEL”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A few veterans in town for the golden games , were welcomed by General Manager Molly Mangas. Clean rooms , good service from staff ,nice grill next to , was almost like a home away from home. Good parking ,nice walking neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FRED S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Climax, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2013

An older hotel with many appartments and 20 hotel rooms.
My room was equiped with a stove, fridg, micro-wave and flat screen TV.
Room was very clean but older decor.
The lack of a pool and spa was made up for by the cordial and professional
management and help. The hotel resturant is excellent.
The manager, Molly Mangas gave us cheerful and personal service.
I would recommend it for someone who wants a change from the super modern
high rise hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Daryl M
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place is the opposite of fancy....complete dump that I am pretty sure was a insane asylum turned hotel. Rooms tiny and smell like death. Avoid...you are better off sleeping under a bridge with some nice bums.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Bo B

Travelers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Have a dog? Stranded in a snowstorm in Buffalo? This is your place :-) The attached Lenox Grille is open until 4am. Serves food until 3am. Free parking. Great entrance. Very classy. Tons of dogs. I wonder why. But it's fine with me!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Violet7lite
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed November 5, 2012

How should I start. Was it the pair of mens dirty shorts in the closet, or the hovel of a room I was put into for the night till my room was ready the next day.The room across the hall was intertaining hourly guest all night long. "KNock Knock, door opens closes, repeat and rinse. Did I say ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Requests for a luggage rack unheeded. Microwave did not work except to beep, no cups for coffee and when I did get one it was not replaced with a clean one.

I have the almost best for last while seated getting ready for bed a cockroach ran across my shoe. So I check out and on my way to another hotel I find not one but TWO BED BUGS. Do not go here. This grand old lady is not grand ANY more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank MariaT3
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A friend of ours booked this hotel, so my husband followed suit. I then checked it out on Trip advisor and he was concerned as well. He checked around for other hotels in the area but couldn't find a room. The bonus: free parking and good location for partying in Allentown. . The lobby is lovely until you get to the front desk - not that you would hang out there. Our friends said there was no carpet in their room - like someone had rolled up a dead body in it and removed it. We had a hell of a time finding our room as the room numbers aren't in any kind of order. There were dark stains on the carpet throughout the hall (blood?). Halls were kind of creepy - painted an awful green and no art or anything to take your eyes from the wires hanging along the ceiling. Room was a decent size but stunk so had to turn on the noisy, in-window air conditioner. Only there long enough to get changed and go out thankfully. Fortunately were well oiled upon our return so sleep came quickly. Woke up in the morning to people talking in the hall - walls very thin. Friend said they had a great view out their window. Ours was too dirty to see out of. I found the paintjob in the bathroom curious until I realized it was peeling paint. It did have a mini fridge and microwave, but decor was atrocious.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn next door!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank tmcdee
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is up front and honest about being the oldest operating hotel in Buffalo. All of these bad reviews must be from people who went for the cheapest price they could find and didn't bother to do their homework before booking their room.

This hotel offers rooms by the night, week, month or year. There are many suites that are people's apartments/homes. This is not your standard hotel experience and we thought it was great.

There is very little about this place that can be considered "Modern". I loved the fact that I had a real key to my room. There was no goofing around with "the computer" didn't set my key right or any of the usual antics that always happen to me with the key-cards in other places. We did have a 32" HDTV in the room and a fridge. What more do you want? This is Buffalo, not Paris.

The shower was our biggest challenge. Original 1890's fixtures (!) aside, the old building had trouble getting a good mix of hot and cold water up to the 8th floor. Our shower was mostly hot water with a slight touch of cold that made it almost bearable. This is the only real complaint we have about our experience at the Lenox. The five foot tall window IN THE SHOWER was interesting and offered an amazing view of the city. We weren't brave enough to open the "window curtain" while showering, for fear of frightening the neighbours in the side wings of the hotel, who would have had no problem watching either of us in the shower if they were so inclined.

The ancient elevator is no joke. It takes forever to get to the 8th floor but it does offer plenty of time to chat with the friendly locals who live here on your way up.

I would have been happier if the Lenox was a few blocks closer to the downtown core of Buffalo but for the rates compared to the rest of the hotels in town even with the cab rides we took out at night we still ended up saving a lot by staying here instead of say, the Holiday Inn or The Adam's Mark.

I would have given an "excellent" rating but I think we paid about 20% too much to stay here. I expect rates during the winter will be more reasonable and more in line with the experience that the Lenox offers.

Room Tip: Great unique view of downtown Buffalo from the 8th floor, but getting cold water in the sink or the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple