“It's a historic, cool hotel that TAKES DOGS!”

and 1 more site!
Lenox Hotel and Suites
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Have a dog? Stranded in a snowstorm in Buffalo? This is your place :-) The attached Lenox Grille is open until 4am. Serves food until 3am. Free parking. Great entrance. Very classy. Tons of dogs. I wonder why. But it's fine with me!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Violet7lite
There are newer reviews for Lenox Hotel and Suites

Reviewed November 5, 2012

How should I start. Was it the pair of mens dirty shorts in the closet, or the hovel of a room I was put into for the night till my room was ready the next day.The room across the hall was intertaining hourly guest all night long. "KNock Knock, door opens closes, repeat and rinse. Did I say ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Requests for a luggage rack unheeded. Microwave did not work except to beep, no cups for coffee and when I did get one it was not replaced with a clean one.

I have the almost best for last while seated getting ready for bed a cockroach ran across my shoe. So I check out and on my way to another hotel I find not one but TWO BED BUGS. Do not go here. This grand old lady is not grand ANY more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank MariaT3
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A friend of ours booked this hotel, so my husband followed suit. I then checked it out on Trip advisor and he was concerned as well. He checked around for other hotels in the area but couldn't find a room. The bonus: free parking and good location for partying in Allentown. . The lobby is lovely until you get to the front desk - not that you would hang out there. Our friends said there was no carpet in their room - like someone had rolled up a dead body in it and removed it. We had a hell of a time finding our room as the room numbers aren't in any kind of order. There were dark stains on the carpet throughout the hall (blood?). Halls were kind of creepy - painted an awful green and no art or anything to take your eyes from the wires hanging along the ceiling. Room was a decent size but stunk so had to turn on the noisy, in-window air conditioner. Only there long enough to get changed and go out thankfully. Fortunately were well oiled upon our return so sleep came quickly. Woke up in the morning to people talking in the hall - walls very thin. Friend said they had a great view out their window. Ours was too dirty to see out of. I found the paintjob in the bathroom curious until I realized it was peeling paint. It did have a mini fridge and microwave, but decor was atrocious.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn next door!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank tmcdee
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is up front and honest about being the oldest operating hotel in Buffalo. All of these bad reviews must be from people who went for the cheapest price they could find and didn't bother to do their homework before booking their room.

This hotel offers rooms by the night, week, month or year. There are many suites that are people's apartments/homes. This is not your standard hotel experience and we thought it was great.

There is very little about this place that can be considered "Modern". I loved the fact that I had a real key to my room. There was no goofing around with "the computer" didn't set my key right or any of the usual antics that always happen to me with the key-cards in other places. We did have a 32" HDTV in the room and a fridge. What more do you want? This is Buffalo, not Paris.

The shower was our biggest challenge. Original 1890's fixtures (!) aside, the old building had trouble getting a good mix of hot and cold water up to the 8th floor. Our shower was mostly hot water with a slight touch of cold that made it almost bearable. This is the only real complaint we have about our experience at the Lenox. The five foot tall window IN THE SHOWER was interesting and offered an amazing view of the city. We weren't brave enough to open the "window curtain" while showering, for fear of frightening the neighbours in the side wings of the hotel, who would have had no problem watching either of us in the shower if they were so inclined.

The ancient elevator is no joke. It takes forever to get to the 8th floor but it does offer plenty of time to chat with the friendly locals who live here on your way up.

I would have been happier if the Lenox was a few blocks closer to the downtown core of Buffalo but for the rates compared to the rest of the hotels in town even with the cab rides we took out at night we still ended up saving a lot by staying here instead of say, the Holiday Inn or The Adam's Mark.

I would have given an "excellent" rating but I think we paid about 20% too much to stay here. I expect rates during the winter will be more reasonable and more in line with the experience that the Lenox offers.

Room Tip: Great unique view of downtown Buffalo from the 8th floor, but getting cold water in the sink or the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hockeyfan S
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I (we are from Germany) were on an adventure trip through he US - and what we experienced in Buffalo was really a special kind of `adventure`.
We tried to get a room in a different hotel without booking beforehand. That place was full but a nice neighbour offered to bring us to the Lenox, which he described as `bohemian`. The price of 123 $ a night made us believe it were a better middleclass-hotel, so we took the room.

The lady at the check in was unfriendly and unhelpful. When we arrived at our floor, it wasn`t easy at all to find the room, because the numbers seem to have no system at all and there are no helpful signs. Instead there were loose cables hangig from the wall and smelly, dirty carpets.

The room itself had an even worse carpet, it was so disgusting, we wouldn`t even walk on it without wearing shoes. The furniture was old, partly broken, the shower turned from icecold to steaming hot suddenly while I showered, the bathroom was dirty (including old water damage on the wall which was only pained over), the fridge full of ice (on the walls, not the nce kind) and the noise of who-knows-what kind of machine outside made it really hard to sleep.
When we looked at the hotel from outside the next morning, we saw that the whole building was poorly kept, there was an old bar which seemed to have closed an eternity ago, there was not one flower or anything nice. To make a long story short: the people that lead this hotel seem to have given up years ago, there's no love in it and even the most basic standards (like cleanliness!!) are not reached. For 123$ a night, this is a slap in your face. If you have a choice, go elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mojohanna
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm a bit puzzled by all the negative reviews here. This place isn't fancy or very modern, but it is what it is - a two-star hotel that provides basic accommodations. Our room was reasonably spacious, and was quite clean. Bed was comfortable, and they have good water pressure. The location is good, and they have free parking. I really couldn't find anything to complain about, nor anything to rave about. Would stay here again, especially given the fact that price was much better than anything else near downtown Buffalo.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple