“UNBELIEVABLE SERVICE!”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I recently got married in Buffalo, NY this past August. As an out-of-town bride, I needed a lot of help when it came to picking vendors for the wedding planner, cake, flowers, music, etc. Geno and his staff at the Mansion could not have been more helpful. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. As a wedding venue, this hotel is spectacular. Our guests are still telling us what a wonderful time they had, and marveling at what an elegant locale we picked. My bridal suite was fabulous. The bed provided a delicious night's sleep even with pre-wedding jitters!). Our family and friends who stayed over could were all equally impressed. Coming from the NYC metropolitan area, no one was used to the level of professionalism and friendliness that we had at the Mansion. The Mansion showcases Buffalo at its finest.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank marsbars10
genop, Owner at The Mansion on Delaware Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your wedding - and had such a great pre-wedding sleep! Kudos to Patty, Lisa and The Mansion's Special Events and Catering Team for helping to make your wedding preparations so seamless. Your generous comments regarding service have been shared with our team! It is our goal to provide unparalleled experiences and service and we thank you for sharing your review with us and the Trip Advisor community.

There are newer reviews for The Mansion on Delaware Avenue

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed here in August with my boyfreind to celebrate our anniversary.

We reserved the Grand room, but we when we checked in they gave us a classic room which is a step-down. Since I had already pre-payed for the room, I asked to be switched, but they had a wedding going on at the same time and were completely sold out from that. Instead, they gave us a bottle of wine which covered the cost difference.

The room came equip with a jacuzzi tub, which was the major selling point on choosing The Mansion. However, our jacuzzi bubbles only worked sporadically, and then stopped working all together. This was extremely disappointing.

There was also a mouse trap behind out toilet, which led me to believe that the bathroom was not cleaned very thoroughly before our stay.

Overall, the service was great, but for the money spent, I would have expected better.
The jacuzzi tub not working and finding a mouse trap is just unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank celest1432

We agree, your experience did NOT meet The Mansion's standards nor yours and that is unacceptable .We hold high expectations for guest experiences and these standards were not met. I thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and I hope you will take just one more moment to contact me directly at geno.principe@mansionondelaware.com so I may have the opportunity to apologize personally. We sincerely believe guest comments are essential -thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

Our night at the Mansion on Delaware was definitely worth the splurge, and was a beautiful end to a terrific vacation week. We were greeted by our butler, Brian, as soon as we pulled up in front of the building. He escorted us in, helping us with our luggage, immediately making us feel at home. Michael gave us a warm greeting at check-in, and we were led to the drawing room where we were invited to enjoy the wine and spirits during the complimentary happy hour. Brian showed us to our room, which was a fascinating juxtaposition of antique architecture with modern furnishings. The same holds true throughout the rest of the house, where the interior designer seems to have taken great care to use unexpected details in every area. Michael and Brian suggested Trattoria Aroma for our dinner reservations, which Michael made for us. We were driven to dinner in a brand new Land Rover by another Brian, who graciously answered our questions regarding the history of the house. He also picked us up at the restaurant when we finished dinner. Back in our room, the oversized jetted tub provided a spa-like experience, much needed after a long drive from Quebec City. Our bed was very fresh, clean, and comfortable. The turn-down service with the lighted candles and the freshly baked cookies gave another touch of romance to the room. The continental breakfast Saturday morning far exceeded our expectations. The smoked salmon was heavenly, alongside olives, cheeses, black bean salsa, and salad greens. I found the cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers so good that I went back for another one. The almond croissants were the most delicious I've ever eaten, and my husand enjoyed a chocolate croissant. Added to this we found an assortment of cereals, rolls, yogurt, and fruit. My favorite Mighty Leaf tea made this breakfast even more memorable. The young ladies who were attending to the guests at breakfast made every effort to ensure that the table remained stocked up and that all the needs of the guests were fulfilled. Many thanks to to all the staff who treated us so graciously throughout our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelfiend551

Thank you for your eloquently written review - and for the wonderful descriptions of your breakfast! We're so glad you enjoyed Chef Jen Boye's food - she always combines a unique mix of both sweet and savory items - anything from lamb chops to smoked salmon share the the table with standard breakfast fare. We thank you for including a MoDA overnight in your vacation week plans and hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2010

The Mansion lives up to its great reviews - the Butlers are really helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is good and about 10 mins walk from downtown Buffalo ( which isn't very nice). Good restaurants are close by. The room and bathroom were a good size - we were in an attic room. Comfy bed too. They do a nice continental breakfast in the morning. Wifi only seemed to work downstairs in one room due to thick walls but not an issue for us since we were on vacation. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Y2010_10
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Having read the Tripadvisor reviews, I had great expectation for my stay at the Mansion on Delaware and I was not disappointed. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted, our luggage were taken to the room, our car driven to the parking lot of the hotel across the street and we were given a tour of the facilities. The two lounges on the main floor are simply magnificent. Everything from the furniture to the art hanging on the walls is just perfect. Having breakfast in the morning or a drink in the afternoon (both complimentary) in the lounge was a wonderful experience. Our room, we were upgraded to a premium grand room which was another nice surprise, was also large and comfortable. The layout was not the most functional with the bed very close the a non-functioning fire place but I assume that it is a price to pay when you stay in a place which was not designed as an hotel. I would also have liked a quieter air conditioning system (but it was not that bad). Similarly the working area would have been perfect (with good lighting, a large desk and a comfortable chair) if I did not have to crawl under the desk to reach the electric outlet to power my computer and recharge my cell phone.

However, these complaints are fairly minor and there is no doubt that the Mansion is the place to stay in Buffalo. The facilities are magnificent, the staff is outstanding and the price is reasonable (especially when you take into account that many services are complimentary)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul603
Reviewed June 17, 2010

what a great night we spent at this hotel - the service is truly out of this world - they will transport you around if you need it. Lovely honor bar process and beautiful rooms. I will definitley stay there again.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank cateboston
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My other half and I finally had an opportunity to get away by ourselves(meaning "away from the children") for the first time in a very long time and our 1st choice was the Mansion. And we were not disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I am still not sure how they did it but I still felt relaxed a week after our stay. Our room (a fireplace premium grand) was fantastic. The bathroom was so large and the jacuzzi tub was amazing, as were the 3 showerheads. The bed was very comfortable and I slept extremely well, which is odd because normally I do not feel rested when I sleep somewhere other than my own. The staff was wonderful. As was the Land Rover service to and from dinner. It was nice to be able to both have a cocktail or two and not worry about driving. Loved the artwork and the location. I grew up and spent most of my life in the city of Buffalo and It is always nice to be back.
I have read on here that a few people have had bad experiences trying to book a room through discount hotel room sites and I would like to caution people about doing that. I do not believe you can reserve a room at the Mansion that way, you would be much better off contacting MODA directly. I realize it can be a little pricey but they do have some great deals through their website and their Facebook page. And it is well worth the money. I cannot wait to have another opportunity to go back!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple