“Oasis of civility”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
New Jersey
“Oasis of civility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2007

We spent a night here recently on a tour of the western NY/ Niagra on the Lake, Canada area. This hotel is a unique accomodation, as other reviewers have stated. There is an interesting combination of the old architecture-gorgeous woodwork and tall ceilings- and modern amenities and furnishings. The check in staff is top notch; can not say the same for the almost non existent AM personnel.

• Liked — stepping back in time...
  • Disliked — small, tight quarters
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stonewell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
northern Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2007

Originally we had planned on staying at the Mansion for the weekend. As it turned out we only stayed there the one night. The hotel is so beautiful I wish we could have stayed much longer and I look forward to returning one day when we will have more time to fully enjoy all it has to offer. The hotel itself is ultra clean, gorgeous, very well preserved and full of charm and character. The guest rooms have everything you could possibly want, no detail is left out. The rooms are quite big, very cozy and so romantic. There is a gorgeous full size mirror leaning against one wall, a computer desk, as well as a reading area, a fireplace and of course the super comfortable bed. The powder room has a huge shower and jacuzi bathtub and great vanity area with a mirror that lights up for putting on your makeup.

On the main floor of the Mansion there is a big parlor type room set up for breakfast in the morning with a very nice selection of fruit, bagels, pastries and much more.

In the evening you can play pool in the parlor or sit and relax while having a complimentary drink. If you wish to catch up on your correspondence you will find your own personalized stationery and cards, waiting for you in your room upon your arrival. It's the little touches like this that makes the hotel extra special.

I can say without a shred of doubt that the staff here is the most professional, kindest and helpfull staff we have ever encountered at any hotel we have stayed at. It really makes us want to go back. It would be a wonderful hotel to stay at for a weekend get away, or a special occasion or for no reason at all. It is just an amazing place in every way. I can honestly give The Mansion the highest possible recommendations.

• Liked — The personalized service.
  • Disliked — Not one single thing.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank northerndecorator
small town NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2007

My husband surprised me with an overnight stay at the Mansion. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We come from a small country town, and are not used to such elegant things. We had a butler show us around the hotel, explain all the perks(free cocktail hour, complimentary breakfast, turn down bed service with cookies, free chauffered rides,etc) along with carrying our bags to our rooms and valet parking. The night staff was very friendly and polite. The room was also very elegant with granite countertops in the bathroom, a whirlpool tub, internet access, down duvet and tons of pillows on the bed. The room also had a comfortable arm chair and ottoman for relaxing in. We had no problems with thin walls and felt like we were tucked away in a private retreat. The house was tastefully decorated with modern touches that blended perfectly with the historic grandeur of the place.
Our only complaint( very small) was with the morning checkout girl who was very unfriendly. However, I am anxious to stay there again, and will be booking a suite next time!!!

• Liked — being treated like the rich
  • Disliked — morning checkout girl
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kcrandall
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2006

I travel to Buffalo-Niagra region often on business and I found the hotel's website while searching for an alternative to the usual hotel I frequent. Couln't believe something like this existed in Buffalo and thought I would give it a try. I was overwhelmed by this place! They saw me pull up in my car and met me out side to take my bag- I walked into this architetural jewel of a building where-(the butler) offered me a glass of wine. With wine in hand, he gave me a little tour of the hotel and brought me to my room. (Did I have dinner plans? Could they park my car? Did I need a ride anywhere that night? ) My room was such a surprise- extremely modern and elegant-but comfortable. The billiards room and fireside room, two common areas of the hotel, were candle lit and full of other hotel guest chatting with others and some quietly relaxing. Breakfast the following morning was unexpected, fresh, unique and complimentary. I can't wait to return- the complimentary amenities made this a great value. I was wowed by this unexpected Buffalo experience!

• Stayed November 2006
10 Thank btowntraveler
Toronto, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2006

If this is a 4 diamond hotel, then what is a 5 diamond ?

I am sorry fbut this hotel get's a 2.5 star if anything.

I believe this hotel has earned it's #2 spot on here due to the fact it has a butler, complementary cocktails and former celeberities having weddings or parties there.\

Believe me, if I was there for a reception or party I might have been pleased - but as for the rooms - they are small and with very few amenities.

For the money the ask per room, I was not expecting a cramped space with very little elbow room.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — High speed internet on then off all night, extra charges for the smallest request
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay in the suburban hotels of Buffalo
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank molsoncanadianboy
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

The service was second to none. The staff butlers were attentive and thier attention to detail was impressive. This hotel is beautiful both inside and out and I highly recommend a stay there.

Loved it, (especially the chauffered drive to and from dinner)

Thank you.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Nothing, everything was perfect
  • Tips/Secrets — Free drinks at the bar from 7pm - 9pm
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bravosarah
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Mansion for a local, one night getaway in August. We were pleased from the moment we walked in the grand front doors.

We were greeeted immediately and check on was a breeze. the service really is impeccable. The 'butler' told us to come down to peruse local menus after we had settled in and he would then make dinner reservations for us. They also offer chauffeur service to nearby restaurants, We chose a place out of their driving area, but they cheerfully called a cab for us.

We took advantage of the complimentary cocktails and had wine on the lovely patio outside. It felt like an oasis with the light jazz playing softly.

Our room was beautiful and large (a premium room). It had a good size bathroom and plenty of toiletries. The bed was very comfortable with a down duvet.

We ordered room service for breakfast which was prompt and delicious.

We had a lovely getaway and plan to return next summer.

Don't hesitate to stay at The Mansion on Delaware!

• Liked — The overall ambiance
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple