“Felt like the rich!!!”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed March 2, 2007

My husband surprised me with an overnight stay at the Mansion. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We come from a small country town, and are not used to such elegant things. We had a butler show us around the hotel, explain all the perks(free cocktail hour, complimentary breakfast, turn down bed service with cookies, free chauffered rides,etc) along with carrying our bags to our rooms and valet parking. The night staff was very friendly and polite. The room was also very elegant with granite countertops in the bathroom, a whirlpool tub, internet access, down duvet and tons of pillows on the bed. The room also had a comfortable arm chair and ottoman for relaxing in. We had no problems with thin walls and felt like we were tucked away in a private retreat. The house was tastefully decorated with modern touches that blended perfectly with the historic grandeur of the place.
Our only complaint( very small) was with the morning checkout girl who was very unfriendly. However, I am anxious to stay there again, and will be booking a suite next time!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kcrandall

Reviewed November 12, 2006

I travel to Buffalo-Niagra region often on business and I found the hotel's website while searching for an alternative to the usual hotel I frequent. Couln't believe something like this existed in Buffalo and thought I would give it a try. I was overwhelmed by this place! They saw me pull up in my car and met me out side to take my bag- I walked into this architetural jewel of a building where-(the butler) offered me a glass of wine. With wine in hand, he gave me a little tour of the hotel and brought me to my room. (Did I have dinner plans? Could they park my car? Did I need a ride anywhere that night? ) My room was such a surprise- extremely modern and elegant-but comfortable. The billiards room and fireside room, two common areas of the hotel, were candle lit and full of other hotel guest chatting with others and some quietly relaxing. Breakfast the following morning was unexpected, fresh, unique and complimentary. I can't wait to return- the complimentary amenities made this a great value. I was wowed by this unexpected Buffalo experience!

• Stayed: November 2006
10  Thank btowntraveler
Reviewed November 3, 2006

If this is a 4 diamond hotel, then what is a 5 diamond ?

I am sorry fbut this hotel get's a 2.5 star if anything.

I believe this hotel has earned it's #2 spot on here due to the fact it has a butler, complementary cocktails and former celeberities having weddings or parties there.\

Believe me, if I was there for a reception or party I might have been pleased - but as for the rooms - they are small and with very few amenities.

For the money the ask per room, I was not expecting a cramped space with very little elbow room.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank molsoncanadianboy
Reviewed November 1, 2006

The service was second to none. The staff butlers were attentive and thier attention to detail was impressive. This hotel is beautiful both inside and out and I highly recommend a stay there.

Loved it, (especially the chauffered drive to and from dinner)

Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bravosarah
Reviewed October 30, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Mansion for a local, one night getaway in August. We were pleased from the moment we walked in the grand front doors.

We were greeeted immediately and check on was a breeze. the service really is impeccable. The 'butler' told us to come down to peruse local menus after we had settled in and he would then make dinner reservations for us. They also offer chauffeur service to nearby restaurants, We chose a place out of their driving area, but they cheerfully called a cab for us.

We took advantage of the complimentary cocktails and had wine on the lovely patio outside. It felt like an oasis with the light jazz playing softly.

Our room was beautiful and large (a premium room). It had a good size bathroom and plenty of toiletries. The bed was very comfortable with a down duvet.

We ordered room service for breakfast which was prompt and delicious.

We had a lovely getaway and plan to return next summer.

Don't hesitate to stay at The Mansion on Delaware!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Happy T
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I stayed at this hotel partly on the strength of reviews that this was the best place in town, but was somewhat disappointed. On the plus side, it is -- as advertised -- an old mansion with big rooms, some nice room amenities, and pleasant public spaces with free evening drinks (I didn't use the complimentary breakfast). But service was amateurish and not in the best-in-town class compared to other towns -- it was more like a too-big B and B than like a boutique hotel. The room decor was a bit chilly and not of the period. While by national standards the place is absolutely worth what I paid ($200 range), it seems overhyped and not necessarily a great deal for Buffalo.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
5  Thank deekaye
Reviewed July 10, 2006

My new husband and I stayed at the Mansion on Delaware on our wedding night, despite the fact that it was 30 minutes from our reception location (we just had to do it!). We commented for days after how special it made that night for us...staff met us outside at our cab and escorted us into the reception area, where the staff asked us questions about our wedding and seemed sincerely interested in congratulating us. We were escorted to our room, a simple classic queen, and were overjoyed! We were met with chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and a wonderful artistic cheese and cracker display. The bathroom was huge, with a really cool modern shower. The linens were extremely comfortable, and there was soft music playing in the room when we arrived. We found it quite conducive to just sitting on the bed in the comfortable robes they give you, having snacks, and talking aobut our wedding until 3am. It really was extra special! One thing that struck me was that the mansion is so modern...I was expecting it to be very classic and ornate, but it wasn't and I liked that. It was the perfect blend of classic and modern.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business