“Give this hotel 6 Diamonds!”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Give this hotel 6 Diamonds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2005

I have been in the hotel industry for more than 20 years and I have never experienced such incredible service until the Mansion! Big chains and the stuffy smaller ones alike have something to learn from these folks! If you're headed to Buffalo, I'm convinced there IS only one place to stay - the Mansion! The property is an impeccibly restored mansion with beatifully appointed rooms and public space. As you enter the hotel, expect to be greeted as if you were arriving at a good friend's house for the weekend. The owner is hands on which is almost unheard of and his staff is knowledgable and efficent! Oh, and whoever mentioned that Kent rocks in an earlier review was spot on!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2004

I have stayed at many four and five star European hotels, including some that are regularly ranked in Travel magazines. The Mansion in Buffalo exceeds the service of these fine European resorts. The experience at the Mansion will be one you will cherish and remember.

My wife and I spent a night here as a weekend getaway. We can not wait to come back. The butler's, the atmosphere, the food, the pampering, and the bathtubs are just top notch. The Mansion has "dotted every i and crossed every T". I loved the fact that they Chauffeur you anywhere downtime when you want... Again, a unique expereince you will not regret nor forget. If everyone stayed here when the visited Buffalo, overnight Buffalo would have a new reputation as THE place to visit.

I only wish I could stay at places like this when I travel for work. It would give new meaning to traveling for work.

Being I am from the area, one recommendation if you are coming to visit Niagara Falls... Stay here and then drive the 30 minutes to the Falls. It will be worth it!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2004

I have not stayed there yet but after reading some of the postings on this website I went to confirm my reservations and guess what? They had no record of my reservation. I had bought a winter getaway certificate for my husband's birthday and at the same type booked a room. When after a week I did not receive a confirmation via e-mail I called. They had no record. It has been 3 days and I am still waiting on a confirmation. Please watch out!

4 Thank boguk
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2004

I have stayed in hotels and B and Bs all over the world and The Mansion truly excels. The best thing about this place is the service. Yes, the rooms are nice, the architecture is cool and the showers/robes are a nice touch. But it's the little bit extra which the butlers do for guests that make the real difference. They ironed our clothes, gave me a ride to a nearby friend's house and brought a glass of wine to my room upon arrival. All without charge. (Meanwhile, in someplace like the W, it costs $5 for a candybar).

I have stayed on two occasions (1st on my wedding night and then a year later for an anniversary weekend). Both times I have had nothing but the best experience. From the lovely breakfast to the turndown service to the free cocktail hour, these guys know what they're doing. And the price is an absolute steal. If you happen to be travelling to Buffalo (I do because my family lives there), I HIGHLY recommend a stay here. It leaves other local establishments in the dust.

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank DanikainSeattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2004

I, too, had a less than stellar experience at this B&B type establishment. To begin with, the clerk at the desk upon check-in denied I had a reservation despite my providing him with a printed confirmation number for a guaranteed reservation from my travel agency. Once this hurdle was overcome, some 30 minutes later, I was directed to my room without any assistance with my luggage. I was also told that there would not be any continental breakfast served the next morning but coffee "may be available" if I wanted some. Also, nary a "butler" in sight. Upon my trying to make a telephone call the next morning I encountered a radio station overlay on the telephone. When I enquired at the desk what the problem was, they responded by saying such occasionally happens because the hotel is between two radio transmitters. As to the luxury bedding - hardly. The linens were more of Martha Stewart K-Mart quality than European style. As to the spa-like features of the bath, a noble effort except for the fact that the side nozzles dripped rather than sprayed. Parking is minimal. I checked out a day early. If this establishment aspires to be a quality place I would urge the owners to visit the Hotel 717 in Amsterdam, NL for a truly remarkable experience in a B&B.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2004

Prior to visiting my student-daughter at the University, she suggested we stay at the Mansion on Delaware Avenue. I am so very glad we took her advice! During a long drive up from Long Island, we called the Mansion to say that we would arrive very late. The butler on the other end of phone, asked if there was any thing he could do for us. Jokingly, I said that a cold Coors and a bottle of Jack Daniels would do nicely. Well, dear reader!...much to our surprise..these very same items were waiting for us when we arrived!!! AND, that was just the beginning!...the attention bordered on pampering, the food was excellent, the resturant suggestions sufficient to satisfy the inner foodie, and, the opportunity to mingle with the other guests over evening cocktails brilliant. My only critique is that Buffalo is so far away from us! We look forward to visiting Albright-Knox and the Mansion in the spring...any excuse to be pampered by the staff at the Mansion!!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2004

I can't stop talking about this gem of a hotel. The MAD is situated on Delaware Avenue in downtown Buffalo...Yes BUFFALO!

I have been to many of the world's major cities and have to say that ths architectural treasure fits right in with all of the other amazingly well preserved federal and edwardian buildings and private homes in this area. I found this hotel throguh an aquaintance, he said "when you have to go to Buffalo definitely stay there {TheMOD}".

The service waas the best ever as was the room, neighborhood and the food in this surprisingly beautiful city.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member